By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiWare has launched in US..

WiiWare has me pumped. I want some real good indie games, and I want them now.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network

Now I'm starting to see that the Wii needs an HDD.
So many great games, finally looks like 3rd party is stepping up.

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

When will "world of goo" be ready ?

Consoles LTD, end 2009, end 2010 - prediction

Wii -  68 million, 90 million - Wii HD in late 2011 - $249

360 - 38 million, 47 million - 720 in late 2010 - $299

PS3 - 31 million, 43 million - slim PS3 in mid 2009 - $299 

So Lostwinds or FFCC? Which one should I download? I want to save some of my VC points in case of Earthbound being released one of these days *crosses fingers*

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

LostWinds is consistently fun, but also notably short. FFCC is only $15 on the surface; by the time you buy all of the DLC for it, it will have easily cost you as much as a store-bought game. It's also more of a micromanagement game than a play-for-fun game, from what I've heard (I opted not to get it). LostWinds, though, I did get. It's the sort of game you can load up and finish in an afternoon, and have a good time from start to finish.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

I've now played them both for a while and, if you want something that's going to last for a bit, I guess I'd say FF:CC.

That said, Lost Winds is fun, but you can really feel that it's a bit truncated and there has already been at least one case of criss-crossing the game world simply to go from one dungeon to the next (I use the term "dungeon" very loosely, mind you). I imagine this was a bid to extend its overall length.

It's still a joy to play but it is just ten bucks, so I can't imagine it's any longer than a few hours, tops (unless, all of a sudden, a whole new world opens up).

Oh, and it's also very, very easy.

I really like Lost Winds so far. I just hope that it's not a 3-4 hour game. T_T

And my brother got Defend Your Castle and from what I've seen, the only complaint I have is that they spelled "health" as "helth". >