By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiWare has launched in US..

Wii Shop Channel update: WiiWare launches, no Virtual Console titles

I can understand no VC titles. Either too big an old game whould ovewhelm WiiWare, or smaller old games would be overwhelmed themselves. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

What's up with you Americans? I thought you would at least be a bit more enthusiastic about the launch of WII Ware or am I the only one who've downloaded several games... as European? The reactions around here on the forum are disappointing... so far. WIth the launch of the Nintendo Channel the whole forum thread and news thread were overwhelmed with reactions around this time. Yeah, yeah I know, I'd like to nag Personally I like WIIWare and am highly enthusiastic about Lost Winds and also about FFCC. Wasn't planning to download the latter one, but okay, what the heck, points were just sitting there in my account and must say, S.E. has sure made a hell of an improvement comparing to DQS.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

No internet connected to the Wii, so this has absolutely no effect on me. Dammit, I should stop being a cheapskate.

LordTheNightKnight said:

I can understand no VC titles. Either too big an old game whould ovewhelm WiiWare, or smaller old games would be overwhelmed themselves. 

I think it sucks actually.  There are several VC games that I'd still like to see be released.  At first it was 3 games, then 2 games, then 1 game, and now 0 games.  Pretty soon, VC is going to be a joke like 360 backward compatibility. 

*~Onna76~* said:
What's up with you Americans? I thought you would at least be a bit more enthusiastic about the launch of WII Ware or am I the only one who've downloaded several games... as European? The reactions around here on the forum are disappointing... so far. WIth the launch of the Nintendo Channel the whole forum thread and news thread were overwhelmed with reactions around this time. Yeah, yeah I know, I'd like to nag Personally I like WIIWare and am highly enthusiastic about Lost Winds and also about FFCC. Wasn't planning to download the latter one, but okay, what the heck, points were just sitting there in my account and must say, S.E. has sure made a hell of an improvement comparing to DQS.

First off, I don't have to pay for the Nintendo Channel, So it is easier to get excited about.

Second, I didn't get a chance to download any games before leaving for the day. I won't get a chance to look at anything other than what is on the internet until I get home later tonight. 

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

^^There will be something new on WiiWare next week. Give 'em a break, they just launched six BRAND NEW games online.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
cleveland124 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

I think it sucks actually. There are several VC games that I'd still like to see be released. At first it was 3 games, then 2 games, then 1 game, and now 0 games. Pretty soon, VC is going to be a joke like 360 backward compatibility.

There are still a lot move VC games than WiiWare games. And I heard that 360 BC is now the majority of Xbox titles, unless I'm wrong about that. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

6 brand new games > 1 bad VC title.

Its a great lineup, I'd chose this over a bad VC game any day.

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

I want to know the impressions about each game, since I'll download only ONE game. I'm between FFCC and Lost Winds, but I don't know if I'll download the expansion packs, so I'm more inclined to the second.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

has anyone played LostWinds ?
How good is it ?

Consoles LTD, end 2009, end 2010 - prediction

Wii -  68 million, 90 million - Wii HD in late 2011 - $249

360 - 38 million, 47 million - 720 in late 2010 - $299

PS3 - 31 million, 43 million - slim PS3 in mid 2009 - $299