By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some of the badly reviewed games that you've liked/loved?

sc94597 said:
Parokki said:
Despite the extremely mixed reviews it has got (80 from 1UP and GameSpit, 30 from IGN), I really like God Hand.

Other than that umm... all the stuff from Paradox that most reviewers are too casual to appreciate. =P

LOL

"God Hand quickly becomes a boring, annoying and frustrating game." IGN

LOL

Tease.

Around the Network

Someone mentioned Wii Play and I agree completely. It's not much to speak of in terms of single player, but it is amazing with two people. It may be the most fun two-player game I have ever played. When my buddy and I beat the tank game we went absolutely crazy. Everyone in the building wondered what the hell had happened.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

read steel got some mixed reviews, but i loved it

Gauntlet Legends. That game is like WoW without the grinding or the stupid. Many weekends lost their lives to me and three friends plugged into my N64 playing through it many, many times.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I was beaten to it but I was going to say Red Steel. Despite its bugs, I had all kinds of fun playing that game.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Assassin's Creed.

A lot of people hated the game, but I liked the ability to be a perfectionist, and the open-ended Sandbox feel and endless cool battle animations just made the game so addictive to play. And it was pretty to look at too!

Ditto. There were some pretty big flaws in the game but overall, I loved the game. The climbing and battles never got old for me and I had a blast hunting those stupid Templars.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Assassin's Creed.

A lot of people hated the game, but I liked the ability to be a perfectionist, and the open-ended Sandbox feel and endless cool battle animations just made the game so addictive to play. And it was pretty to look at too!

Ditto. There were some pretty big flaws in the game but overall, I loved the game. The climbing and battles never got old for me and I had a blast hunting those stupid Templars.

I think you'll like Splinter Cell conviction. The game has a lot of similarities with AC.

Tease.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle- 72%

One of the greatest games ever created.

Zucas said:
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle- 72%

One of the greatest games ever created.

You stole mine! I gotta abuse my chaos again and get my super one to win the fighting game >_>

Former something....

Yoshi's Story (63%): Great art design, imaginative enemies, and a final song that gets me every time. Loved by those who didn't call themselves game reviewers.

Cruis'n USA (52%): Even if there were no cows, I loved this game. I still remember loving and cherishing this game 'til its dying day. Also, bonus points for World and Exotica.

Altered Beast (70%): Yeah, I was young, I was foolish. But I loved this game. Nothing better than turning into a were-wolf... dragon... bear... tiger... awesome.

Sonic and the Secret Rings (70%): I thought it was a step in the right direction. No more unnecessary side kicks (Please Sonic Team, no more hedgehogs), no more ridiculous "epic" stories (ok... this one had pinky promises... pretty cringe worthy...) and the focus was on the speed. This title definitely had some moments of greatness, but they were bogged down by little quirks (RPG elements...for better control...wha?). If Sonic Unleashed takes what made this title great... and ignores what made it stumble... we could find ourselves with a 3D title worthy of the Sonic name.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (78%): A game that was written down because it was "too hard" (laff laff laff). It had an excellent story, lovable and complex character that you actually cared for (Ilyana and Jill, I wub joo!), and a battle system that never lost its luster and kept things exciting. This game was really fun and rewarding, I'd definitely put this above Path of Radiance, if only for the fact that you played as the Black Knight. Epic win.