By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some of the badly reviewed games that you've liked/loved?

Zucas said:
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle- 72%

One of the greatest games ever created.

When it (SA2) was first released for DC, it got a 9. The score was just.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

Around the Network

Another one called Spartan Total Warrior its just like god of war just not as bloody, i didnt hear much about it. but the controls are pretty good and the moves that you can do in the game is pretty good and

I utterly love Earth Defence Force 2017 (nothing like shooting a giant robot in the crotch with a giant missle that moves at 1m/s). Its' the closest thing i've seen to 3D oldschool contra that isnt 3D contra.

other then that - Sonic adventure, kirby airride, mischief makers, and star wars episode 1: racer. cant think of any others, meh.

um..stuff

Lair (PS3)
Oni (PS2)
Nucleus (PSN)
Assassin's Creed (360/PS3)
Suikoden series (PS1/2)
Castlevania 64 (N64)

Yoshi's Story was total garbage for the record. Worst $60 I spent in my entire life.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

didn't the sonic adventures get good reviews

for me it was condemned: criminal origin

Around the Network

Wii

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII - i enjoyed the multiplayer dogfights even though the quality of the game isnt fantastic

Red Steel - didnt live up to the hype but i liked the whole B grade movie style story

Sonic and the Secret Rings - it had its flaws but nothing major enough to make me hate the game

GameCube

PNO3 - gameplay wasnt varied enough and too repetitive yet still found it fun

James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire - it wasnt special like goldeneye but still liked it

Red Steel
Star Fox: Assault
Star Wars: Shadows Of The Empire
Wii Play

Digimon World 2 - 51.7%
Digimon Digital Card Battle - 57.8%

Even though it was probably due to me watching Digimon then, but whatever. I loved those games, and just played Card Battle over the Christmas break.

Ninety Nine Nights: the game was flawed but I got my money's worth. I do wish they would have developed the story and gameplay more though.

Phantasy Star Universe (single player/offline mode) Despite your lead character's bad voice over the game wasn't that bad. The story was much better than I thought. It wasn't as good as Sega implied before hand but it was actually enjoyable.

Ace Combat X 75%, but it is basically my favourite game on PS3
Both Blazing Angels games have got average reviews but I really enjoyed both of them