By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some of the badly reviewed games that you've liked/loved?

Super Rub-a-Dub got horrible reviews pretty much everywhere, but I enjoyed it.

Around the Network

Collsiuem Road to Freedom: Rated in the 50's i believe.

It was repetitive, and was full of glitches... and had nearly no story.

Was still fun.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire for the PS3, got bashed like crazy!!!!!!

I enjoyed it, the game got highly repetive as you made progress through it. But being able to customize your Gundam with different parts and upgrading made me come back.

Reviewers all around gave the game an average of 2/10. I would give the game a 7/10. The graphics were horrible to be a PS3 game, but it was a rushed PS3 launch game.

Monster Hunter Freedom.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Brawl FC: 2106-1814-5245

Around the Network

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Cruis'n USA on the N64.

Yoshi's Story

I freakin love them Yoshi's!

Parokki said:
Despite the extremely mixed reviews it has got (80 from 1UP and GameSpit, 30 from IGN), I really like God Hand.

Other than that umm... all the stuff from Paradox that most reviewers are too casual to appreciate. =P

how could i forget god hand i love that game

Izuna Legend of the Unemployed Ninja its has that oldschool RPG element and its challenging. but it got mediocre reviews because it doesnt use the touchscreen and its personal experience its really hard. Also RedSteel was a decent FPS i give kudos to Ubisoft for putting some effort into the game but they rushed it even fixing some errors after the e3 demonstration and the grahpics werent that bad either for a wii launch trailer better than any of the launch games from the 6th gen.

Zucas said:
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle- 72%

One of the greatest games ever created.

I don't quite agree with the "greatest games ever" part, but it is a wonderful game that was badly underrated--there is just so much to do in that bloody game (and the DC original)!!

God Hand is fantastic, even if you need an extra hand to play it full-tilt. 

House of the Dead 2&3 Returns and Ghost Squad (it managed to squeak in above 70%...barely) are awesome. I played them to death and, between these and RE:UC, I am *praying* that someone else gets on the stick and creates the "ultimate" gun game. 

Someone mentioned Altered Beast (the original) but I actually enjoyed the PS2 take far more (this didn't show up in NA, but it did get mercilessly bashed anywhere it did manage to get reviewed). An enjoyable game that got a savaging it didn't really warrant (the GBA rev, however, deserved every ounce of abuse it received).

Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness on N64. This came up on some thread a few days ago and, while its prequel was pretty lousy, this more than made up for it. A vastly underrated gem that would certainly be the correct way to do CV in 3D rather than the shoddy PS2 (and Xbox) games.

Scarface. Seriously. I'm not even that big a fan of the film and, generally, I couldn't care less about GTA-style sandbox games (I'll likely never play GTA4), but this one really did it for me (and this is before it even landed on Wii in a bit more enhanced form).

The Punisher on Xbox/PS2/PC was bloody amazing. An excellent, 3rd person, action shooter, this game pretty much put the Max Payne games to shame...and nobody cared :( 

There are *tons* more (going back to the Atari 2600--ET and Pac-Man did not become bad games until long after the system was dead and buried :P) but I'll stop here.