By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony/GG outsource to third party for advanced AI development for KZ2...

bbsin said:
starcraft said:

Sorry I should have been clearer.

They have taken Gear's cover system and CoD4's shooting system.

And yes I agree playnext, the lighting is awesome.

And Gear's cover system is basicly Killzone liberation's cover system.... which is taken from Killswitch, which was copied from MGS2, which copied from winback, which took the whole idea of cover from space invaders... As for COD4's shooting system.... I'm not sure what you mean by that. What's exactly in COD4's shooting system that other FPS games have never done before? @_@

lol, by this logic, all FPS games are a Wolfenstein 3D clone! C'mon, what's wrong if a game takes inspirations from other games and tries to implement them? The problem is of course if they do a bad job, but we wont know that until we play Killzone 2.

I mean, until it's proven that developers did a poor job of it, I don't see how having elements of a game inspired from other games should be considered a negative. 

Around the Network

IllegalPaladin said:
bbsin said:
starcraft said:

Sorry I should have been clearer.

They have taken Gear's cover system and CoD4's shooting system.

And yes I agree playnext, the lighting is awesome.

And Gear's cover system is basicly Killzone liberation's cover system.... which is taken from Killswitch, which was copied from MGS2, which copied from winback, which took the whole idea of cover from space invaders... As for COD4's shooting system.... I'm not sure what you mean by that. What's exactly in COD4's shooting system that other FPS games have never done before? @_@

lol, by this logic, all FPS games are a Wolfenstein 3D clone! C'mon, what's wrong if a game takes inspirations from other games and tries to implement them? The problem is of course if they do a bad job, but we wont know that until we play Killzone 2.

I mean, until it's proven that developers did a poor job of it, I don't see how making the gameplay feel like Call of Duty 4 should be considered a negative.

Which is exactly my point. It's unfair to give a game an idenity based on elements that earlier games has implemented if you're not going to list where the origins of which where the base gameplay mechanic came from in the first place. If people are only going to use the most recent popular game that used a certain mechanic as a "copy tool" and not mention the other games before that, then they shouldn't bother bringing it up in the first place.

Kwaad said:
Locking the game in 1st person, WITH cover, is something... interesting to me.

You should check out Medal of Honor Heroes 2. That game had a cover system locked in first person. I wasn't a fan of it though. Leaning out from your cover. The traditional strafe and fire then strafe back made hitting things a lot easier.

Not sure if the PSP version has the same thing since it involves leaning with the wiimote.

Kasz216 said:
Kwaad said:
Locking the game in 1st person, WITH cover, is something... interesting to me.

You should check out Medal of Honor Heroes 2. That game had a cover system locked in first person. I wasn't a fan of it though. Leaning out from your cover. The traditional strafe and fire then strafe back made hitting things a lot easier.

Not sure if the PSP version has the same thing since it involves leaning with the wiimote.

lol wut?

Sorry, I just found that funny. :P

I think everyone loves to assume that KZ 2 will suck because the first one was mediocre. I really don't believe that this is the next Lair, I think it could be fantastic actually!
Many a disgruntled games reporter seems almost offended that Guerrilla games are actually on par with the target render from E3 '05 very soon and moan about things that are evident and prevalent in many modern shooters, not to mention that this demo was Alpha stage code, very, very far from complete in other words.
I think most games would leave you wanting if you played their Alpha code, so I'll wait for a proper demo or the full release and make up my mind then.

For the record; I own Killzone on PS2 and found it mildly entertaining, like Black, really. It was only mediocre, but then again; console FPS' generally are...