By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony/GG outsource to third party for advanced AI development for KZ2...

Kyros said:
Killzone was considered to be a "good" game by most developers.

I played it and it wasn't good. The graphics were ok but the controls and gameplay were pretty intolerable. I gave up after 2 hours play.

some help to make what looks to be one of the best console FPS...ever,

hope that it will play as good as it looks. Because it looks great and some details like the NPC movements is awesome. Calling it one of the best console FPS ever? I think thats too early. The hands-on comments from the gamers day were mixed. This is a game were I will definitely wait for a review and demo to decide if I will be hyped about it.

Um...what was wrong with the controls? The controls were one of the things that people loved, hence why it's still rather popular online even today.

The joystick sensitivity could be a bit much at times, but you could adjust that in the menu. 

Around the Network

Ugh so much money wasted, i'm with Kyros on this one. The should've given all this money to Insomniac, they kick ass!

Um...what was wrong with the controls?

Really? It was the first console FPS I have played so perhaps that did misguide my judgment. On the other hand I quickly adjusted to Resistance, a couple months later.

Its possible that I have an overly bad impression of Killzone because I was a PC gamer for years and bought a PS2 because of God of War, which was a pretty awesome game even for PC standards. When I tried Killzone I was shocked. Compared to contemporary PC FPS it was a bad joke graphically, from a gameplay perspective and controls. But yes compared to other PS2 FPS it may not have been that bad, I don't know.

Kyros said:
Um...what was wrong with the controls?

Really? It was the first console FPS I have played so perhaps that did misguide my judgment. On the other hand I quickly adjusted to Resistance, a couple months later.

Its possible that I have an overly bad impression of Killzone because I was a PC gamer for years and bought a PS2 because of God of War, which was a pretty awesome game even for PC standards. When I tried Killzone I was shocked. Compared to contemporary PC FPS it was a bad joke graphically, from a gameplay perspective and controls. But yes compared to other PS2 FPS it may not have been that bad, I don't know.

Jumping from PC FPS into any console FPS will give you a really bad first impression. :P 

My FPS gaming started with Goldeneye, so I've been used to the analog controls for a while now.  I've been a PC gamer for years, but I mostly played RTS on the PC, and didn't really get into FPS on the PC until CS: Source came out. 

And like I said, the aiming was a bit loose in Killzone, but you could adjust the sensitivity of the joysticks in the menu.  After I did that (five notches to the left), it was nice and tight for me. 

well lets see the price is probly gonna end up at about 150m......the game will probly sell 150 week 1 3m copys in early 09 its nto bad whit legs it can make anather 150m easy :)

and no 3m for kills zone 2 isnt talking loony

by early 09 the ps3 will have over 20m ps3 wrold wide so it need too sell 1 killzone too every 7 ps3 out there totally posible since gta sold too 1 in 3 and 1 in 4 in others

good job sony :) thumbs up! :)

mgs4 will sell 2.4m week 1

japan:500k

others: 1m

NA:900k

AAA (90%+) games (metacritic):

nintendo:65

Xbox: 42

playstation: 98

Around the Network
Kyros said:
I will summarize it with "Guerilla Games cannot do anything right by themselves". Yes I K2 looks amazing and yes I still hope that it will be a great game but I really think Sony should rather give some money to Insomniac so they can make a third parallel franchise.
 Maybe if Insomniac wasn't 3rd party and was part of SCEWW like Sony probably wants them to be. As of it is right now, Sony is investing more money where they should be investing more money IMO. 

krik said:
Red*Pokemon*Trainer said:
Nice i wonder how big the budget is?

Does it really matter? Honestely, why should we care if the game costs 10M or 1000,0000M? That is Sony's problem, we get a better game for the same $60.

But it makes me happy that Sony is actually willing to put lots of money into it to give us a better game.

And that they have delayed it from the holiday to make sure that it is finished. They will probably have an open beta over the holidays though

@ makingmusic

Some people really like to hate the first one. Totally undeserved. It got 73% average. It's far from a bad game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

That game is looking AWESOME.

This game's gameplay however, is not........
http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/872/872009p2.html

"Elsewhere, however, it looks like Killzone 2 may be dangerously close to embarking upon the same road as its predecessor in offering ambiance to the detriment of its other aspects."

"Traipsing through the level at hand, we come across an alarming number of crates, which although are all the better for showing off the cover system, belie some uninspired level design."

"Whilst it adds a tactile element of immersion to the world, most players were left looking confused until a representative kindly pointed out the correct course of action."

"Similarly, some of the game's appropriations were sadly wide of the mark – when one of the grunts exclaims he feels 'like a spare prick at a gang bang' we couldn't help but squirm at the forced machismo of it all."

"However, while what we've seen is certainly impressive in parts, we need to see a bit more over the coming months to discover if Killzone 2 can truly deliver in offering the definitive PlayStation 3 experience."

STARCRAFT'S THOUGHTS:

Perhaps they should have outsourced the gameplay to Bungie

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
That game is looking AWESOME.

This game's gameplay however, is not........
http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/872/872009p2.html

"Elsewhere, however, it looks like Killzone 2 may be dangerously close to embarking upon the same road as its predecessor in offering ambiance to the detriment of its other aspects."

"Traipsing through the level at hand, we come across an alarming number of crates, which although are all the better for showing off the cover system, belie some uninspired level design."

"Whilst it adds a tactile element of immersion to the world, most players were left looking confused until a representative kindly pointed out the correct course of action."

"Similarly, some of the game's appropriations were sadly wide of the mark – when one of the grunts exclaims he feels 'like a spare prick at a gang bang' we couldn't help but squirm at the forced machismo of it all."

"However, while what we've seen is certainly impressive in parts, we need to see a bit more over the coming months to discover if Killzone 2 can truly deliver in offering the definitive PlayStation 3 experience."

STARCRAFT'S THOUGHTS:

Perhaps they should have outsourced the gameplay to Bungie

looking to get banned again i see?