By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony/GG outsource to third party for advanced AI development for KZ2...

starcraft said:
bbsin said:
starcraft said:
STARCRAFT'S THOUGHTS:
Perhaps they should have outsourced the gameplay to Infinity Ward

Fixed

So we are all agreed? Killzone 2 will blow and Infinity Ward is awesome?

Will killzone 2 "blow"? I won't know until it comes out, it certainly doesn't look that way from the videos I've seen but I'll wait to play it myself before i pass judgement.

Is IF awesome? yes. And i think they are better at FPS gameplay than both Guerilla and Bungie.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:

Did you completely ignore the two paragraphs regarding the cover system?

And everything that I quoted involved the gameplay in some way. IGN said it comes close to matching the experience of the E305 video, not just the graphical fidelity. There was far more to that video than graphics. The hardest thing to emulate from that video was the sheer amount of action going on at once, the interactions with your comrades around you, etc., all of which have a major impact on gameplay.

The GameSpot article also focused heavily on the interactions between the player and his teammates around him.

I really don't understand why you feel compelled to ignore anything positive about this game.

Well, at least you'll admit it looks great.

I see what your saying now.  All that was said about the cover system is that it seems to emulate Gears of War/Cod4.

As to the word "experience?"  I would think, given it was a video and not a demo, that the "experience" they refer too IS the graphical fidelity.  Of course, without specifically asking the author what he meant, we'll just have to agree to sit on seperate sides of the fence on that one. 

I'm not quite sure what article you were reading.

Having sat through the show, the game introduces the sneak and peek mechanic that forms the core of the experience with no hesitation, placing the player amidst a heated firefight with ample opportunities for cover – and it works remarkably well, offering a more than welcome new facet to the FPS genre.

Keeping in first-person all the way, the L1 button latches the player to cover, and whilst in hiding players have free movement left and right, with a either a tug on the trigger or upwards on the analogue stick resulting in that all-important 'peek'. Amazingly for a game that is now some nine months off release, it never really falters in granting some tactical defence, and largely avoids some of the snagging and poor detection that can blight other similar systems, lending the firefights a dynamism only seen in the finest shooters.

makingmusic476 said:
starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:

And everything that I quoted involved the gameplay in some way. IGN said it comes close to matching the experience of the E305 video, not just the graphical fidelity. There was far more to that video than graphics. The hardest thing to emulate from that video was the sheer amount of action going on at once, the interactions with your comrades around you, etc., all of which have a major impact on gameplay.

The GameSpot article also focused heavily on the interactions between the player and his teammates around him.

I really don't understand why you feel compelled to ignore anything positive about this game.

I see what your saying now.  All that was said about the cover system is that it seems to emulate Gears of War/Cod4.

As to the word "experience?"  I would think, given it was a video and not a demo, that the "experience" they refer too IS the graphical fidelity.  Of course, without specifically asking the author what he meant, we'll just have to agree to sit on seperate sides of the fence on that one. 

I'm not quite sure what article you were reading.

Having sat through the show, the game introduces the sneak and peek mechanic that forms the core of the experience with no hesitation, placing the player amidst a heated firefight with ample opportunities for cover – and it works remarkably well, offering a more than welcome new facet to the FPS genre.

Keeping in first-person all the way, the L1 button latches the player to cover, and whilst in hiding players have free movement left and right, with a either a tug on the trigger or upwards on the analogue stick resulting in that all-important 'peek'. Amazingly for a game that is now some nine months off release, it never really falters in granting some tactical defence, and largely avoids some of the snagging and poor detection that can blight other similar systems, lending the firefights a dynamism only seen in the finest shooters.

@ makingmusic

come on man,,,starcraft doesn't want to see those parts,you should know better than that lol

I don't know why when it's sony's turn they have to reinvent the FPS genre,,but other companies not so much,,,,a very obvious example??

ninja gaiden 2 is really similar to ninja gaiden 1 ,,,for god's sake the save booths haven't even changed color,but reviewrs are not gonna criticise NG2 for not reinventing the genere and being too similar to NG1

starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:

Did Call of Duty 4 have a cover system?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

There was no cover system in CoD4, but there was lots of lag due to all the people. Infact i may need to go back and play it since most people are playing GTA4 online now.

Around the Network

Locking the game in 1st person, WITH cover, is something... interesting to me.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

the lighting is awesome

outlawauron said:
starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:

I see what your saying now. All that was said about the cover system is that it seems to emulate Gears of War/Cod4.

As to the word "experience?" I would think, given it was a video and not a demo, that the "experience" they refer too IS the graphical fidelity. Of course, without specifically asking the author what he meant, we'll just have to agree to sit on seperate sides of the fence on that one.

Sorry I should have been clearer.

They have taken Gear's cover system and CoD4's shooting system. 

And yes I agree playnext, the lighting is awesome.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

artistic style KZ2 >> artistic style "CoD4 + Gears of War + Ninja Gaiden"

and when u will see the big battle + vehicule + co-op at E3 you will dream about getting a PS3 ...

Overall, I agree that KZ2 gameplay is not really innovative as CoD4 gameplay was not ...

Time to Work !

starcraft said:

Sorry I should have been clearer.

They have taken Gear's cover system and CoD4's shooting system.

And yes I agree playnext, the lighting is awesome.

And Gear's cover system is basicly Killzone liberation's cover system.... which is taken from Killswitch, which was copied from MGS2, which copied from winback, which took the whole idea of cover from space invaders... As for COD4's shooting system.... I'm not sure what you mean by that. What's exactly in COD4's shooting system that other FPS games have never done before? @_@