By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The I just beat the game thread

I'm asking if he got platinum on fishing on the first try. And if not, what ever possessed him to go back and try it again?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Rented Lair again upon hearing about the new analog stick patch, couldn't play with inverted controls and went back to sixaxis controls. Finally got used to it, and beat the game with really horrible scores. After beating it, I must say: best ocean graphics in a video game EVER. Still there are many problems with the game itself besides bad controls. Lair was so hit and miss in terms of game design, some aspects of the game were fantasic but most were awful. The parts in Lair that Factor5 suceeded in were great.

EDIT: also, the Maelstrom stage is probably the prettiest stage design I've ever seen. That level would be a perfect map for a game like warhawk.

I beat every song on hard in rock band the other day, guitar. I would of had that done back in January I didn't start playing again these past weeks. I couldn't beat Flirting with Disaster. Only song I couldn't beat til a few days ago. I can actually play 2/3 of the songs on expert but that might be a long time til i get that.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

I just beat MGS 1 for the third time(Liquid FTW)since i bought the MGS-Essential collection.Im now playing GTA IV for the PS3.

Congratulations, Stof. I'm surprised you hung in there until the end.

All story/voice acting elements aside...how would you rate the game?

OT...I am 19 hours into Okami. But I don't think I'm in very far. Hopefully I'm not, at least.

Around the Network

I just got a Megalopolis in the Super Nintendo version of Sim City (in lieu of studying...) That's kind of like beating the game, right?

Oyvoyvoyv said:
blaydcor said:
oliist said:
One more DS reincarnation after this one and the DS claims the crown of the most versions of a single gaming machine I own.
Which is still owned by three differently colored GameCubes.
Or like Rol would say: I am a SHEEP.

But at least Miyamoto is your shepard

Oyvoyvoyv said:

The original DS opened with 550K first week. If DSi keeps that pattern it will just sell 1.1M (advanced math in work)

For a comparison

Wii; 530K

Ps3; 155K

X360; 532K

Yeah, but Gamestop pre-orders do not represent universal sales

I tried writing the entire post with a little irony, but apparently, I failed at that.

You only failed at detecting irony yourself.

How ironic!

super_etecoon said:
Congratulations, Stof. I'm surprised you hung in there until the end.

All story/voice acting elements aside...how would you rate the game?

OT...I am 19 hours into Okami. But I don't think I'm in very far. Hopefully I'm not, at least.

Thanks supe. I held in there because it's actually a pretty cool game that gets better and better as it goes. I can see how the early indoor levels with their cramped environments, overabundance of doors that won't stay open and finicky puzzles (screw it, I don't want toast anymore) could be off-putting, but about a third of the way through it goes from ok to good, with really good not far behind.

Oh sure there were problems. In the larger levels I'd love the ability to walk a bit faster, and there was some slowdown. But the level design and the gun physics really worked well. The final boss rocked too 10 bonus points for working in giant robots! .

I'd rate the game an 8. I just ignore the atrocious story telling and the sweet concept and fun design make up for the poor visuals.

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Ive just beaten House of the dead 3 on PC :P No seriously . My time was les then half hours on easy :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I approve of this thread.  I shall come here to brag once I finish Skies of Arcadia which should be today or tomorrow.

I just beat Elite Beat Agents!

At first I didn't think beating the game on easy (breezin', it's called.) would be much of an achivement, but that last song was insanely hard! I was having an elite beat aneurism over it. But thanks to my ingenious little DS solution : http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=25704 , I was able to pull it off.

By the way, that Christmas Gift level with the song "You're my inspiration"... What the hell was that!? Yeah, I'm going to dance her sadness over her dead dad away! yikes.