By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Sonic Unleashed Wii Details - totally different from PS360

ugh please don't get Dimps to do the 3D Sonic games. Just get the guys that did Sonic Adventure to do it and leave out the crap. No one has any idea how to make a good Sonic game anymore it seems...

Around the Network

^^^^^
Sonic Team is not what it used to be

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

Kinda dumb that they'd be promo'ing the version that will likely sell the least.

I'm tired of this, "Here is our next X360/PS3 game.......oh, and it's coming to Wii as well".

Given the recent sales of Sonic games on the various platforms, you'd think the promotion would be in reverse this time.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Kinda dumb that they'd be promo'ing the version that will likely sell the least.

I'm tired of this, "Here is our next X360/PS3 game.......oh, and it's coming to Wii as well".

Given the recent sales of Sonic games on the various platforms, you'd think the promotion would be in reverse this time.

I don't understand why promoting the better looking version is dumb.

Show a pretty clip or screenshot from PS360 and say "Also available on the Wii..." should do the trick.

oliist said:
^Quoted for truth.

FYI, when you say 'quoted for truth' you need to actually quote the person, otherwise you aren't quoting for truth, you are pointing at for truth

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Viper1 said:

Show a pretty clip or screenshot from PS360 and say "Also available on the Wii..." should do the trick.

Because it's insulting.  It relagates the Wii as a second stringer despite constantly being the game winner.  Do you prmote a team mate that losesover the team mate that wins just becuse he has a prettier face?

Viper1 said:
disolitude said:
Viper1 said:

Because it's insulting.  It relagates the Wii as a second stringer despite constantly being the game winner.  Do you prmote a team mate that losesover the team mate that wins just becuse he has a prettier face?

Who says the Wii version will be best tho? Thats going under the assumption that what sells is the best. Toyota Corolla is not better than BMW M3 no matter how much more it sells. They are putting the best looking version on the promotion list...which matters for games as prettier game will sell more.

Now if they could market gameplay alone on websites and commercials then Wii may get the attention it deserves. That is always why they show people swinging the wii-mote in wii commercials...to show people the strength of the system.

On a different note, I'd love to see a commercial where a family gets together around the TV and everyone is smiling as they all pick up 360 controllers and start playing gears of war. Only Sega had the balls to make commercials like that in early 90's. :)

disolitude said:

Who says the Wii version will be best tho? Thats going under the assumption that what sells is the best. Toyota Corolla is not better than BMW M3 no matter how much more it sells. They are putting the best looking version on the promotion list...which matters for games as prettier game will sell more.

Now if they could market gameplay alone on websites and commercials then Wii may get the attention it deserves. That is always why they show people swinging the wii-mote in wii commercials...to show people the strength of the system.

On a different note, I'd love to see a commercial where a family gets together around the TV and everyone is smiling as they all pick up 360 controllers and start playing gears of war. Only Sega had the balls to make commercials like that in early 90's. :)

@Bold.   Dis, you're on a sales website, you should know better than to say something like that.

O-oh my. I hate to say it, but this title has potential! Dimps has made some pretty great Sonic titles over the years, and now that they're working on Unleashed for Wii, there may be some hope for a 3D Sonic after all.

But then again, that's what I keep saying every time they release another 3D Sonic...

Still, add me to the hype list! As a sonic fan I just can't help myself.

Viper1 said:
disolitude said:

@Bold.   Dis, you're on a sales website, you should know better than to say something like that.

Hah...yeah I see how you could think i'm wrong by saying that. However what I meant is...Pretty video/screenshot = higher sales for PS3+360+Wii+PS2.

If you put the Wii screnshots as promo shots I guarantee you the four consoles won't sell as much of the same game.