By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Sonic Unleashed Wii Details - totally different from PS360

Smeags said:
arsenalrc15 said:
i want to see a Wii screenshot how the game plays before i announce any plans to buy the game

Fixed.

We all know that the game will look great, yet we all know that it wont look as great as the PS3/360 versions. What I want to know is how the game plays. Does it use the Wiimote/Nunchuck/Whatever effectively? Is it intuitive? Does it improve the game or does it slow it down? That's what I want to know.

I have faith in Dimps to make a great Sonic game for Wii, and hopefully they'll find a way so that the Wiimote can add to the Sonic experience.

+1. Substance over style. If they can remember what makes a Sonic game fun (speed) and what doesn't (exploration, talking, guns, sidekicks, bestiality), there's no reason why the world would be denied a good Sonic game yet again.

Around the Network

@Desroko

Well said. I haven't heard true wisdom from a Sonic fan in quite a long time. As Sonic fans we're gluttons for punishment, hoping that one day we'll have that 3D Sonic title that really rings true with the Genesis classics (No, Adventure doesn't count, and It never will count, so stop asking).

Maybe... just maybe... *sniffle* this could be that Sonic game... you know... where both speed and platforming greatness are combined to form something divine... (yeah I'm setting myself up again)

Sonic isn't just about speed silly. Its still a platformer. The only way you could get speed out of the old ones is if you were *talented*. A speed job like Dimps's Sonic Advance 2 is no good.

Desroko said:
Smeags said:
arsenalrc15 said:
i want to see a Wii screenshot how the game plays before i announce any plans to buy the game

Fixed.

We all know that the game will look great, yet we all know that it wont look as great as the PS3/360 versions. What I want to know is how the game plays. Does it use the Wiimote/Nunchuck/Whatever effectively? Is it intuitive? Does it improve the game or does it slow it down? That's what I want to know.

I have faith in Dimps to make a great Sonic game for Wii, and hopefully they'll find a way so that the Wiimote can add to the Sonic experience.

+1. Substance over style. If they can remember what makes a Sonic game fun (speed) and what doesn't (exploration, talking, guns, sidekicks, bestiality), there's no reason why the world would be denied a good Sonic game yet again.

"both speed AND platforming"

the Genesis games weren't just about speed... 

although the rest was well said

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Desroko said:
Smeags said:
arsenalrc15 said:

Fixed.

Beastiality?

Clearly I have to start playing these new Sonic games.

Around the Network

I could see it not looking too much different from the 360/ps3 version. Even if it is noticeable who buys sonic games for the graphics anyway. I am buying the wii version if the controls are good. ( Which they most likely will be since sega is the one of the only companies taking the wii seriously. Well they are starting too. They did start out with some crappy games(alien syndrome)

has anyone seen screens of sonic as a wolf?
i hear this "beast" transformation will play a huge role

Am I the only one who hated Sonic Secret Rings and didn't really appretiate the Rush series?

I liked Sonic as a sidescrolling platformer back in the early 90's when everyone did sidescrolling. Now sure its still alright from time to time. I don't hate the genre but I prefer the Sonic Adventure series to any of the other Sonic games past and present. Sonic has been an embarrasment for the last five or so years, the only decent showings from Sonic are in spin-offs.

The Rush team developing the Wii version makes it highly unlikely I will buy it. I will try the 360/PS3 version. I might try the Wii version but its highly doubtful that it will be a purchase. A 3D sidescrolling platformer no thank you I didn't like JungleBeat much and that was from Miyamoto himself I highly doubt I'll be satisfied with any showing of Sonic.

I want Sonic Team rebuilt to its former glory. They used to be the best studio the gem in Sega's crown I used to think of them as Sega's answer to Nintendo EAD studio's. But Sonic Team following the lay-offs at the end of the DreamCasts lifespan hasn't been the same. Sonic Team without Yuji Naka and its other staff members that were either laid off or left to help Naka found his new studio isn't the same Sonic Team I loved.

I wouldn't mind seeing Naka's new studio produce a new Sonic Adventure since it is comprised of 30 of the vetern Sonic Team developers. The best of the best in the industry if you ask me!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

@Joelcool7

So you're gonna try the version created by the Sonic Team, the team responsible for Sonic's downhill and you MIGHT try the one created by Dimps, who created the only two great Sonic games for the last 5 or so years?

Riiight, smells fanboyism.

I have highly expectations on this game...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989