By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Sonic Unleashed Wii Details - totally different from PS360

Um... I really NEED TO KNOW:

I plan on getting this game SOON.. Are the 6 bonus levels in The Wii version of Sonic Unleashed equal or better than the 2 levels missing in it (Sky City and whatever the other one is)?

Apparently, There are SIX:

Sonic: Spogonia Extended
Sonic: Spogonia Sewers (Secret)
Sonic: Chun-Nan Valley (Secret)
Sonic: Chun-Nan Garden (Secret)
Sonic: Abadat Ruins (Secret)
Sonic: Shamar Buggy Ride (Secret)

Around the Network

Hmm, the six bonus levels are actually just side missions you unlock by find gate keys in the Gaia Gate temples on each continent. IMO, I don't think they make up for the fact that Empire City and Mazuri have been cut out of the Wii version, especially since most of the day time levels in the 360/PS3 version have two or more acts.

Third member of the Sonic Support Squad.  Member of the Fierce Fox Force.

Click Sonic for my main Youtube channel :D

shizzlee said:

Hmm, the six bonus levels are actually just side missions you unlock by find gate keys in the Gaia Gate temples on each continent. IMO, I don't they make up for the fact that Empire City and Mazuri have been cut out of the Wii version, especially since most of the day time levels in the 360/PS3 version have two or more acts.

So if you had a choice (I do), with these bonus levels in mind, would you stick with the Wii version, or go with the XBOX 360 version of the game?

IGN in their review mentioned that the DIMPS designed levels on the Wii were superior to the level design that Team Sonic did for the same levels in the PS3/360 version. Which makes the Wii version more fun to play.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/931/931596p1.html

L.C.E.C. said:
shizzlee said:

Hmm, the six bonus levels are actually just side missions you unlock by find gate keys in the Gaia Gate temples on each continent. IMO, I don't they make up for the fact that Empire City and Mazuri have been cut out of the Wii version, especially since most of the day time levels in the 360/PS3 version have two or more acts.

So if you had a choice (I do), with these bonus levels in mind, would you stick with the Wii version, or go with the XBOX 360 version of the game?

I played both.  I like 360 version more.  I would go with the XBOX 360 version.  Here is the first act of Empire City for you.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
IGN in their review mentioned that the DIMPS designed levels on the Wii were superior to the level design that Team Sonic did for the same levels in the PS3/360 version. Which makes the Wii version more fun to play.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/931/931596p1.html

Well, if the two games are different enough, I may eventually buy a second version, but for now, I can only buy one... I've seen a ton of different sites saying opposite things...

According to gaimg media, the WSii version is superior. The Wii version has a metacritic score of somthing like 72, and the 360 has a 68 (?). Ill have to cxheck again later, but yeah, the Wii version is better.....at least thats what reviews say.

I checked. The 360 version has a 64 and the Wii version has a 72.

IMO, I don't understand why the Wii version is better received.  Every day time level in the Xbox 360 version has two acts.  Some even have three.  The levels in the Wii version have mission kind of Sonic and the Secret Rings.  They are usually ring challenges or time challenges or don't get hit challenges.  Those are usually boring or smaller stages than the initial level.  The 360 has less Werehog.  The Wii version has more.   About level design, I honestly can't see how this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2g7E7yD5ME   is worse than this:  http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14242720/sonic-unleashed/videos/SonicU_apotos_wii_111408.html

Well, iu cant say for certain since i havent played either game, but the biggest gripe is the level design. People say the HD games 'play themselves', and according the GI (were talking anti-wii on 90% of games) the Wii has less werehog. I dont know, but you have the 360 game rigtht? DO you have the Wii game? Well we wont really know which is better untill we have played both games.