By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Believe the reviews. GTA IV is the best game ever.

hey congrats man for your future purchase,,,I am playing it myself aswell(for the past 3 hours)when do we get the guns?and how does our money increase?
I am not sure yet

Anyways ,,I know you ll be pretty busy with GTA but give GT5 and Uncharted a try after you got bored (if ever that is ;) )

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
shams said:

What I want to know when someone is reviewing a game out of 10, with 0.1 increments - aren't issues like pop-in & frame rate issues worth a 0.1 dock?

So if someone creates the same game, but with a perfect frame rate - 60fps, running at 1080p - and no pop-in or loading times - it gets exactly the same score?

I have no issue with the game getting a 5/5, or 10/10 - when scoring with 1 increments. But not with 0.1 increments. Anyway - I can't comment too much until I actually see/play the thing :)

A mere 9.9 does not do this game justice! The few miniscule negatives it has amount to nothing in the face of countless positives.

As for the bolded part, what do you want reviewers to say?

"Sometime, maybe in the distant future there could possibly be a version of this game that runs absolutely perfectly, so we've decided to dock 0.1 points from the score just incase this figment of our imagination does eventually come to exist"

o_O

You're obviously way too excited about the game to give a balanced opinion about it ;)

It's absolutely fine to decrease a game's score due to technical issues. The argument you just gave against it doesn't make any sense.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Well like I said I just played the first two hours, and don't get me wrong I will play more, but I'm not impressed yet. Mature storylines can be great and all, but I just ended off with our hero shooting three guys. So this guy comes to america, has his cousin ask him to go pick a guy up and drive him to where he wants to go. After they stop, new guy asks our man if he'll take a gun and stand look out for him. Naturally Miko says sure, cause hey, he asked nice. He then proceeds to cap three more new guys he also doesn't know. The shooting part is the only mature aspect of this, how on earth does this story seem plausible? I don't think any criminals in this world decide to start shooting people on a whim cause some guy they JUST met asks you too. Is this a turning point in the story where Miko turns out to be a mindless psychopathic yes-man that can't even use his own head? I know this game is a little over the top but this just seems silly to me. Not starting out with an epic "10" storyline in my eyes.

http://2ksports.com/go/gamerschoice/

Ok I did my part, I bought No More Heroes, but they were out of Zach and Wiki.

Ok got Zach and Wiki, now if I could just finally finish Twilight Princess so I can play all these Wii games I got waiting. And no I won't buy Okami.

DNF, now there is a game that should have been scrapped completely. Reminds me of a kid whose been in school for 12 years and still doesn't know what he wants to do. At one point you just need to man up and get a job.

@ NJ5

What part doesn't make sense? >.>

Lol those TV SHOWS!! GTA: Republican Space Rangers.

And I have to agree with OkeyDokey this game is Great!

I am even going so far that it will be the best game I ever played.

Awesome!

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
What part doesn't make sense? >.>

It doesn't make sense to not decrease a game's score just because it's not known whether a better one will come along.

If you agree that technical issues are part of the game's score, you should also agree that non-rare graphical problems should decrease the score slightly. I would expect a nearly-perfect game engine on a game rated 10, especially on a pair of consoles which is supposed to have enough CPU/GPU power to conquer Poland.

Oh well, I should get this game on Thursday, I'm hoping those issues won't be too annoying.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Who cares about the review score?
It's obvious that this is one hell of a game!

(Although I'll cry a little if it dethrones Ocarina of Time)

The Ghost of RubangB said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
After playing the game for 6 1/2 hours, I've come to the conclusion that it is indeed without a doubt, the greatest peice of software to ever be released in the history of the industry. It's like experiencing Mario 64 or OoT for the first time. It will SHATTER your perception of what is possible in a videogame. The level of detail, the polish, the graphics, the sound, the gameplay....it's all absolutely immense. And I'm not even close to seeing everything it has to offer yet. I won't go into detail on every little aspect (that's what professional reviews are for), I just wanted to let everyone know how incredible this game is. It surely takes a dump on anything else I've ever played. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but if you don't even bother giving it a try then sorry, I don't consider you a gamer at all :) I'll be off to an ATM shortly to get some money for a ps3. Fellow Wii only owners have my sympathies <3

I hope you didn't list detail, polish, graphics, sound, and gameplay in order of importance.

Well, seeing as how all 360/PS3 owners are boring dredges who loathe good gameplay and only care about graphics, I suppose it was.

Jlaff said:
Well like I said I just played the first two hours, and don't get me wrong I will play more, but I'm not impressed yet. Mature storylines can be great and all, but I just ended off with our hero shooting three guys. So this guy comes to america, has his cousin ask him to go pick a guy up and drive him to where he wants to go. After they stop, new guy asks our man if he'll take a gun and stand look out for him. Naturally Miko says sure, cause hey, he asked nice. He then proceeds to cap three more new guys he also doesn't know. The shooting part is the only mature aspect of this, how on earth does this story seem plausible? I don't think any criminals in this world decide to start shooting people on a whim cause some guy they JUST met asks you too. Is this a turning point in the story where Miko turns out to be a mindless psychopathic yes-man that can't even use his own head? I know this game is a little over the top but this just seems silly to me. Not starting out with an epic "10" storyline in my eyes.

You only like Realistic games/stories?  Oh boy you must hate Mario games.

Xeno...giaz...

''Hadouken!''