By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Believe the reviews. GTA IV is the best game ever.

@mariozeldametroid-There are plenty of people who have the game and are singing it praise,but it seems to me like a mental problem you have....hehe

Around the Network

Can anyone compare the pop-in and framerate problems to Oblivion? It happens in that game sometimes as well but it's never an issue.

Fine, I'll get the damn game!

*grumbles*

Though now I wish I had gotten a copy when I had the chance at work. :(

Be sure to send me your PSN id! :D

Woo hoo got a £130 voucher on 360 games, 1000 Microsoft points (can get Ikaruga for free) and 1 month Gold Live free. Leaving at 5pm on the dot today :)

Me said:
yeah this game has me in a pickle, wasn't going to get it due to funds then my best mate got a 360 Elite last night and he's getting this delivered today and he's wanting to play me online at whatever modes they have.

I have to collect £200 today fro the wife and Woolworths over the road from work has copies left on the shelf (they always do - I also picked Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Halo 3 and Zelda PH up from there on release day) and i'm sooo tempted right now.

Somehow getting GTA4 and the silent treatment from the wife so I can play it in peace appeals to me at this moment in time.

Somehow that phrase really spoke to me. LOL!

Around the Network

I, like the OP, had no interest in GTA before. Until yesterday. And now I just want it...
Damn you for ruining my economy R*, DAMN YOU!

--OkeyDokey-- said:
TheRealMafoo said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Red*Pokemon*Trainer said:
Did you play at a friends house and got convinced to buy yourself a console along with a copy of GTA?

Yes indeedy! Took the whole day off work. So worth it. Played the 360 version. I'm sure Riot of the Blood will be happy to know that I'm buying a ps3 :)

How did the 360 version play?

Pretty much perfectly. There ARE some framerate/pop-in issues, but considering how huge the game is, it's to be expected. It's nothing really significant anyway...shouldn't stop anyone from enjoying it.

What I want to know when someone is reviewing a game out of 10, with 0.1 increments - aren't issues like pop-in & frame rate issues worth a 0.1 dock?

So if someone creates the same game, but with a perfect frame rate - 60fps, running at 1080p - and no pop-in or loading times - it gets exactly the same score?

I have no issue with the game getting a 5/5, or 10/10 - when scoring with 1 increments. But not with 0.1 increments. Anyway - I can't comment too much until I actually see/play the thing :) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Well I wasn't even gonna buy this game, at least not yet. I saw some guys camped outside my local EB, I called my buddy joking, saying I was already in line waiting. He in complete seriousness told me he was almost there and that I should get this game for the multiplayer. So at 5 to 12 I got in the car. Just like Halo 3 where I got caught up in the hype on the last day I went and got this game at midnight.

I live in a city

I played the first 2 hours of GTA 4

Driving in the city is boring

So is the first two hours of GTA 4

I don't know who at rock star decide to start you out in this game by driving all over the place. This doesn't quite have the same appeal as crazy taxi did. Seriously who thinks spending time driving around a city is fun? 

http://2ksports.com/go/gamerschoice/

Ok I did my part, I bought No More Heroes, but they were out of Zach and Wiki.

Ok got Zach and Wiki, now if I could just finally finish Twilight Princess so I can play all these Wii games I got waiting. And no I won't buy Okami.

DNF, now there is a game that should have been scrapped completely. Reminds me of a kid whose been in school for 12 years and still doesn't know what he wants to do. At one point you just need to man up and get a job.

shams said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
TheRealMafoo said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Red*Pokemon*Trainer said:
Did you play at a friends house and got convinced to buy yourself a console along with a copy of GTA?

Yes indeedy! Took the whole day off work. So worth it. Played the 360 version. I'm sure Riot of the Blood will be happy to know that I'm buying a ps3 :)

How did the 360 version play?

Pretty much perfectly. There ARE some framerate/pop-in issues, but considering how huge the game is, it's to be expected. It's nothing really significant anyway...shouldn't stop anyone from enjoying it.

What I want to know when someone is reviewing a game out of 10, with 0.1 increments - aren't issues like pop-in & frame rate issues worth a 0.1 dock?

So if someone creates the same game, but with a perfect frame rate - 60fps, running at 1080p - and no pop-in or loading times - it gets exactly the same score?

I have no issue with the game getting a 5/5, or 10/10 - when scoring with 1 increments. But not with 0.1 increments. Anyway - I can't comment too much until I actually see/play the thing :) 

A mere 9.9 does not do this game justice! The few miniscule negatives it has amount to nothing in the face of countless positives.

As for the bolded part, what do you want reviewers to say?

"Sometime, maybe in the distant future there could possibly be a version of this game that runs absolutely perfectly, so we've decided to dock 0.1 points from the score just incase this figment of our imagination does eventually come to exist"

o_O

SYSTEM SELLER SYSTEM SELLER SYSTEM SELLER SYSTEM SELLER

for the other console hehe