By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Believe the reviews. GTA IV is the best game ever.

I played it for a few hours. It's amazing but I wouldn't say it's perfect. The music is phenomenal, as is the way the characters carry conversations, but the game does have a few flaws. Interestingly enough, when I went to the store today they had shelves full of GTA but Mario Kart was sold out, I simply assumed Mario Kart shipped less copies. In either case, thousands of people will be awaiting this week's sales numbers. All eyes on VGChartz, no pressure ioi.

Around the Network
GlingGling said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but if you don't even bother giving it a try then sorry, I don't consider you a gamer at all :) I'll be off to an ATM shortly to get some money for a ps3. Fellow Wii only owners have my sympathies

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Fellow Wii only owners have my sympathies <3

Harsh words. 

/goes to the corner and cries

(I should be crying from having my ass handed to me 5 times every battle in Rondo of Swords. That game is hard. Enough to make me restart after nearly 20 levels.)

I concur, I have to work tomorrow morning and I was only able to put the game after some 3 hours of play, but I think I'm about to go back to it and pull an all nighter and call in sick tomorrow.

TheRealMafoo said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Red*Pokemon*Trainer said:
Did you play at a friends house and got convinced to buy yourself a console along with a copy of GTA?

Yes indeedy! Took the whole day off work. So worth it. Played the 360 version. I'm sure Riot of the Blood will be happy to know that I'm buying a ps3 :)

How did the 360 version play?

Pretty much perfectly. There ARE some framerate/pop-in issues, but considering how huge the game is, it's to be expected. It's nothing really significant anyway...shouldn't stop anyone from enjoying it.

Around the Network

You are lucky I cant buy PS3 or GTAIV before 7th June have a big exam that day. Congratulations it is awesome when you found a game that justifice a purchase of a system.

I'm (hopefully) picking my copy up in about an hour.

The Gamestop near me, one of the largest in Dublin, has said they might be sold out for the first three days due to "unforseen demand".

Yojimbo said:
You are lucky I cant buy PS3 or GTAIV before 7th June have a big exam that day. Congratulations it is awesome when you found a game that justifice a purchase of a system.

I was always going to buy one for GT5 and the next team ICO game anyway. To tell the truth, I wasn't even anticipating this game until about 2 days ago. But now, every second that I'm not playing it is slowly killing me inside. *cuts self*

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Yojimbo said:

I was always going to buy one for GT5 and the next team ICO game anyway. To tell the truth, I wasn't even anticipating this game until about 2 days ago. But now, every second that I'm not playing it is slowly killing me inside. *cuts self*

'O_O'
Man I don't have my copy yet.
I hope my Wal-mart have some stock left tomorrow.
Your first GTA?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Yojimbo said:

I was not either hyped for this game at all I wanted to buy PS3 for MGS4. After this weekend seeing all the reviews and seen how the game is I cant wait to buy :D