By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Believe the reviews. GTA IV is the best game ever.

After playing the game for 6 1/2 hours, I've come to the conclusion that it is indeed without a doubt, the greatest peice of software to ever be released in the history of the industry.

It's like experiencing Mario 64 or OoT for the first time. It will SHATTER your perception of what is possible in a videogame. The level of detail, the polish, the graphics, the production values, the animations, the physics, the voice acting, the music, the story, the presentation, the gameplay....it's all absolutely immense.

And I'm not even close to seeing everything it has to offer yet.

I won't go into detail on every little aspect (that's what professional reviews are for), I just wanted to let everyone know how incredible this game is. It surely takes a dump on anything else I've ever played.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but if you don't even bother giving it a try then sorry, I don't consider you a gamer at all :)

I'll be off to an ATM shortly to get some money for a ps3. Fellow Wii only owners have my sympathies <3

Around the Network

welcome to the dark-side of the force

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Did you play at a friends house and got convinced to buy yourself a console along with a copy of GTA?

yeah this game has me in a pickle, wasn't going to get it due to funds then my best mate got a 360 Elite last night and he's getting this delivered today and he's wanting to play me online at whatever modes they have.

I have to collect £200 today fro the wife and Woolworths over the road from work has copies left on the shelf (they always do - I also picked Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Halo 3 and Zelda PH up from there on release day) and i'm sooo tempted right now.

Somehow getting GTA4 and the silent treatment from the wife so I can play it in peace appeals to me at this moment in time.

I have logged 1.5 hours, and I have to say it's great. I bet the more I play, the better opinion I will have.

So far, I see nothing that does not warrant the 10's it's been getting.

I have to go to bed now :(, but I did take tomorrow off, so I plan of playing a lot of it!

Around the Network
Red*Pokemon*Trainer said:
Did you play at a friends house and got convinced to buy yourself a console along with a copy of GTA?

Yes indeedy! Took the whole day off work. So worth it. Played the 360 version. I'm sure Riot of the Blood will be happy to know that I'm buying a ps3 :)

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Yes indeedy! Took the whole day off work. So worth it. Played the 360 version. I'm sure Riot of the Blood will be happy to know that I'm buying a ps3 :)

How did the 360 version play?

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Im happy you choose the PS3 also,have fun with it.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but if you don't even bother giving it a try then sorry, I don't consider you a gamer at all :) I'll be off to an ATM shortly to get some money for a ps3. Fellow Wii only owners have my sympathies <

Hmm... it's so weird, I don't even own a current gen console and mainly play minesweeper, but I still consider myself a gamer. I guess I can't let go of the past. I went from playing games to following the industry, which is fun in it's own right.

oh crap and i have to wait to get it after work, which is in 5-6 hours from now..and lets say 1 hour to go home, 1 hour to make something to eat...and emmm in about 8 hours i'll be playing...ahhhh crap its to long. cant wait

I like technology when its moving forward..

PSN: methys