By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Believe the reviews. GTA IV is the best game ever.

w00t!! just got it. bad part about getting it in East LA is I was the only one in line without neck tattoos O_o I swear it was like a prison reunion, lol. Anyways I made it out without getting shanked.*turns on Ps3* Im off for some GTA.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
Around the Network
GlingGling said:

Hmm... it's so weird, I don't even own a current gen console and mainly play minesweeper, but I still consider myself a gamer. I guess I can't let go of the past. I went from playing games to following the industry, which is fun in it's own right.

Heh Gling Gling I was the same way towards the end of the Xbox, GC, and PS2 cycle. Hadn't bought a console game for probably at least a year at that point, but still bought console gaming mags and read the web pages. Then on impulse bought a Xbox 360 shortly after it was released, walked by an EB games and saw they had Wii's so I picked one up on impulse. Picked up 4 games within the first week for my Wii, but took me 9 months to play it a second time. Heh now I'm a full fledged console gamer again, maybe it just goes in cycles. I can tell you though I never get bored of my pc.

http://2ksports.com/go/gamerschoice/

Ok I did my part, I bought No More Heroes, but they were out of Zach and Wiki.

Ok got Zach and Wiki, now if I could just finally finish Twilight Princess so I can play all these Wii games I got waiting. And no I won't buy Okami.

DNF, now there is a game that should have been scrapped completely. Reminds me of a kid whose been in school for 12 years and still doesn't know what he wants to do. At one point you just need to man up and get a job.

gtaiv is the best game of this generation:and best game of the history ok so how big it will be gtav

--OkeyDokey-- said:
After playing the game for 6 1/2 hours, I've come to the conclusion that it is indeed without a doubt, the greatest peice of software to ever be released in the history of the industry. It's like experiencing Mario 64 or OoT for the first time. It will SHATTER your perception of what is possible in a videogame. The level of detail, the polish, the graphics, the sound, the gameplay....it's all absolutely immense. And I'm not even close to seeing everything it has to offer yet. I won't go into detail on every little aspect (that's what professional reviews are for), I just wanted to let everyone know how incredible this game is. It surely takes a dump on anything else I've ever played. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but if you don't even bother giving it a try then sorry, I don't consider you a gamer at all :) I'll be off to an ATM shortly to get some money for a ps3. Fellow Wii only owners have my sympathies <3

I hope you didn't list detail, polish, graphics, sound, and gameplay in order of importance.

iclim4 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Yojimbo said:
You are lucky I cant buy PS3 or GTAIV before 7th June have a big exam that day. Congratulations it is awesome when you found a game that justifice a purchase of a system.

I was always going to buy one for GT5 and the next team ICO game anyway. To tell the truth, I wasn't even anticipating this game until about 2 days ago. But now, every second that I'm not playing it is slowly killing me inside. *cuts self*

'O_O'
Man I don't have my copy yet.
I hope my Wal-mart have some stock left tomorrow.
Your first GTA?

No, I own (or owned) all the others, but I didn't like them much. Anyone who plans on dismissing GTA IV based on their experience with the previous games should think again. I actually enjoyed playing the story missions this time. The multiplayer's top notch too. Bunch of people just running around causing all sorts of mayhem. It's insane. @ Rubang They are all equally impressive ;)

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
No, I own (or owned) all the others, but I didn't like them much. Anyone who plans on dismissing GTA IV based on their experience with the previous games should think again. I actually enjoyed playing the story missions this time. The multiplayer's top notch too. Bunch of people just running around causing all sorts of mayhem. It's insane. @ Rubang They are all equally impressive ;)

It was that big of a leap huh?
Man I'm even more excited now.

My first GTA(Vice City) was one of the best gaming experiences I've had.
My friends would come over my house and just watch me play and we wouldn't stop laughing the whole time.
Of course I made them try aswell but they sucked at it and decided it was more fun to just watch.
Seeing a GTA veteran this ecstatic about the franchise is making me impatient. >_<

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

just bought it but the wife will kill me - gotta wait for a few hours to play it.

What do I do? I can buy it, but then there is a chance that I find it sucky if the journalism ís corrupt. Wasted tons of euros in that case.
But what if it's really that good? Then I can't just let it pass, I have to play it! But then... what if I find the gameplay boring without being a hardcore GTA dick... WTF DO I HAVE TO DO WHEN I CAN'T EVEN TRUST THE FUCKING REVIEWS ANYMORE!!!?? THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF REVIEWS RIGHT, MAKING PEOPLE CLEAR WETHER A GAME'S GOOD OR NOT, AND IF IT SUITS YOU OR NOT, RIGHT? WHY THE FUCK DID WE INTRODUCE GAMERANKINGS AND METACRITIC TO REVIEWING? IT'S LIKE POLITICS NOW: THE ONES WITH MONEY RULE, THE ONES WHO DON'T MUST OBEY. WTF???!! THIS IS VIDEOGAMING!!! NOT FUCKING ELECTIONS!!!

I just can't make sense out of it anymore. The reviews just whine about how great GTA is and has always been, while I hated the previous GTA's with all my heart. Please, someone. Give me some fucking reason to buy this game, so we can get over it.

Rent it.

mariozeldametroid said:
What do I do? I can buy it, but then there is a chance that I find it sucky if the journalism ís corrupt. Wasted tons of euros in that case.
But what if it's really that good? Then I can't just let it pass, I have to play it! But then... what if I find the gameplay boring without being a hardcore GTA dick... WTF DO I HAVE TO DO WHEN I CAN'T EVEN TRUST THE FUCKING REVIEWS ANYMORE!!!?? THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF REVIEWS RIGHT, MAKING PEOPLE CLEAR WETHER A GAME'S GOOD OR NOT, AND IF IT SUITS YOU OR NOT, RIGHT? WHY THE FUCK DID WE INTRODUCE GAMERANKINGS AND METACRITIC TO REVIEWING? IT'S LIKE POLITICS NOW: THE ONES WITH MONEY RULE, THE ONES WHO DON'T MUST OBEY. WTF???!! THIS IS VIDEOGAMING!!! NOT FUCKING ELECTIONS!!!

I just can't make sense out of it anymore. The reviews just whine about how great GTA is and has always been, while I hated the previous GTA's with all my heart. Please, someone. Give me some fucking reason to buy this game, so we can get over it.

Unless you are down to your last $60 an going to starve or lose your house if you buy the game then buy it anyway and you can sell it later...

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).