By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Believe the reviews. GTA IV is the best game ever.

@ konnichiwa

I thought it was only me.

I'm being called a fanboy and we're talking about a game, not a system, how in the hell does that happen?

Around the Network

people were calling it the best game ever before it even came out. thats why its obviously not...

duh, fanboyism

trestres said:
@DMJ: Fanboy of a series. You act like people should be playing this game no matter what. Well you know that at least I wont be playing this game.

I thought I wasn't getting your attention

If you don't like the game, then don't like it, but don't say that it's "over-rated", "doesn't innovate", and not worthy of being the #1 rated game, before you touch it.

trestres said:
@DMJ: Fanboy of a series. You act like people should be playing this game no matter what. Well you know that at least I wont be playing this game.

Ah, much like you do with every single Wii title then...

--OkeyDokey-- said:

After playing the game for 6 1/2 hours, I've come to the conclusion that it is indeed without a doubt, the greatest peice of software to ever be released in the history of the industry.

It's like experiencing Mario 64 or OoT for the first time. It will SHATTER your perception of what is possible in a videogame. The level of detail, the polish, the graphics, the production values, the animations, the physics, the voice acting, the music, the story, the presentation, the gameplay....it's all absolutely immense.

And I'm not even close to seeing everything it has to offer yet.

I won't go into detail on every little aspect (that's what professional reviews are for), I just wanted to let everyone know how incredible this game is. It surely takes a dump on anything else I've ever played.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but if you don't even bother giving it a try then sorry, I don't consider you a gamer at all :)

I'll be off to an ATM shortly to get some money for a ps3. Fellow Wii only owners have my sympathies <3

Please let us know your PSN id. Gratz on your choice, you are getting a fine system ;)

PS: If you get sick of GTAIVget the Metal Gear Online beta, it's freaking addicting like crack. I'm getting GTAIV today (already delivered to my house, lol) and I can only think of MGO...

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Around the Network

@Mummelman, nop, I only do it with the games I really like. But its ok for him to defend a game he likes.

Even I would doubt it when it comes to Nintendo games. Zelda OoT is the only game Id rank very high and defend till death.

Call me a fanboy of OoT then, Im one of the biggest out there.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

krik said:

PS: If you get sick of GTAIVget the Metal Gear Online beta, it's freaking addicting like crack. I'm getting GTAIV today (already delivered to my house, lol) and I can only think of MGO...

What's MGO again? Oh yea, that game I played before GTA4....

Just kidding :p MGO is great! GTA however, is what I plan on playing for a while. 

trestres said:
@Mummelman, nop, I only do it with the games I really like. But its ok for him to defend a game he likes.

Even I would doubt it when it comes to Nintendo games. Zelda OoT is the only game Id rank very high and defend till death.

Call me a fanboy of OoT then, Im one of the biggest out there.

Lulz

What am I defending?

I said play the game before you say it doesn't deserve it.

Defending?  I thought that was common sense.

Man this is seriously parallel to all the SMG threads 6 months ago. :P

Please move this conversation to the GTAIV thread.