By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTAIV midnight launch numbers...

BKK2 said:
kingofwale said:
BKK2 said:
That Canadian store received a little more on 360 than on PS3, I would have expected 360 version to ship quite a bit more than PS3 version.

why? you work at a Canadian store?

Ha! I'm not even Canadian. My expectation for stores ordering significantly more 360 versions than PS3 versions was based on Canada having twice as many 360s as PS3s.

leave that to people who actually see the orders themselves, please.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
kingofwale said:
BKK2 said:
kingofwale said:
BKK2 said:
That Canadian store received a little more on 360 than on PS3, I would have expected 360 version to ship quite a bit more than PS3 version.

why? you work at a Canadian store?

Ha! I'm not even Canadian. My expectation for stores ordering significantly more 360 versions than PS3 versions was based on Canada having twice as many 360s as PS3s.

leave that to people who actually see the orders themselves, please.

I think you misunderstand. I was replying to a report which said the store had received a total of 1000 units, with a little more 360 versions than PS3 versions. I'm a bit confused by your post, though. What should I leave to people who actually see the orders?

"We're getting close to 1,000 copies of the game, a little bit more Xbox 360 copies than PlayStation 3 copies," said Future Shop entertainment co-ordinator Matthew Nash. "People are really excited about GTA, it's going to be a huge release."

i can't wait to see how much first week sales are going to be

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

makingmusic476 said:
As many of you know, I recently got a job at GameStop. I'm currently training at the location on West Esplanade Ave, in Kenner, Louisiana (part of the Greater New Orleans Area).

A tad off topic but:

You live in New Orleans!? Do you remember the radio station 'Mix 104.1'; what happened to it? i lived in Mandeville b/w 1996-97 and it was and still is my favorite radio station. I moved to West Texas in 1997 and could never find a top 40 station as good as that one ever again. The last I heard the station was gone... so what became of it? How much longer did it last? I wish i could find some info (or song playlist) somewhere about that station. I have alotta fond memories from living in LA back then.

Man I've always wished I could go back and listen to it again from the late-90s...  

Anyone else remember 'Mix 104.1'?

"The next time someone tells you Compact Discs are the wave of the future, tell them the future doesn't belong to snails!" - Nintendo Power, April 1994

Wow the sales ratio is pretty good for the PS3 ... but I was expecting that you will sell more copys :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
@ Fax

Huh? I didn't expect that from you. Be kind to BKK, he is by far is best member to find sales info.

No worries, I think we just went down a wrong path over nothing, really. Sorry if it was offensive, but it seems like it wasnt too big of a deal.

OT: The lines look quite good. Really interested about final numbers. I mean, this and next week will be even more fun than X-mas, what with GTA, MK, Fit battling for insane sales. With GTA obviously killing every other game in 1st week.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

It seems that a lot of stores in the UK will be sold out today, I'm wondering how much this will affect PS3 hardware sales. People planning on buying a 360 + GTA may get the PS3 GTA bundle instead if the stores are sold out of stand alone copies.

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Shame on you! 10 minutes of GTA IV is more fun than infinity billion hours of MK Wii.

I disagree with you, GTA never are fun.

RiCo-G said:

I'm from Belgium, Europe. We also had nightopenings here with most popular game shops.

I talked to some shop owners:

Game Mania (Antwerpen): 134 PS3 - 68 XBOX360
small shop: GameZone (Extrazonee, shopping center): 38 PS3 - 8 X360

Also most shops are SOLD out on PS3 version while X360 is still sitting in stock. Seems that in Europe PS3 will sell 2:1 vs 360.

I was there =p.  Pretty impressive numbers more than I thought when I watched the crowd yesterday I thought there were only 50-100 of persons.

Square07 said:
makingmusic476 said:
As many of you know, I recently got a job at GameStop. I'm currently training at the location on West Esplanade Ave, in Kenner, Louisiana (part of the Greater New Orleans Area).

A tad off topic but:

You live in New Orleans!? Do you remember the radio station 'Mix 104.1'; what happened to it? i lived in Mandeville b/w 1996-97 and it was and still is my favorite radio station. I moved to West Texas in 1997 and could never find a top 40 station as good as that one ever again. The last I heard the station was gone... so what became of it? How much longer did it last? I wish i could find some info (or song playlist) somewhere about that station. I have alotta fond memories from living in LA back then.

Man I've always wished I could go back and listen to it again from the late-90s...

Anyone else remember 'Mix 104.1'?

104.1 went under a while ago.  After the storm 106.7 turned into "New Rockin' Country" with all the same people from "The End", so a new 104.1 arose to take 106.7's place as the new rock station.