By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTAIV midnight launch numbers...

As many of you know, I recently got a job at GameStop. I'm currently training at the location on West Esplanade Ave, in Kenner, Louisiana (part of the Greater New Orleans Area).

Well, tonight I worked the GTAIV midnight launch, and we sold 113 copies of the game across both platforms. The breakdown came to 62 for the 360 version and 51 for the ps3 version. That's roughly a 1.2:1 ratio, and it will be interesting to see how that compares to sales across the rest of NA.

Around the Network

Nice, im just curious, how much do you get paid?

wow much closer than what i thought,,,,

Thanks for the info man,,,

whatabout ps3 vs 360 hardware sales?did one raise abit?or at all?

I'm also curious about hardware sold.  How many of those were special editions?

ps3 will kill in the rest of the world but america will either be dead even or huge raise in 360 sales. GTA IV i mean. consoles should be up on the sony side because of bundles. my prediction

Around the Network
dabaus513 said:

$5.85, but I get a 15% discount on all merchandise in store and a 40% discount at Barnes & Noble's.

I have to wait til tomorrow to get my copy.
So are you getting the game yourself?
You could make it 62:52 making the ratio difference even smaller.
Take one for the Sony team M! =P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Yakuzaice said:
I'm also curious about hardware sold. How many of those were special editions?

I didn't get the breakdown of SE vs regular, but there were 3 copies of the 360 SE left over and 5 copies of the ps3 SE left over.  Not that that means anything. ^^

And we didn't sell any hardware.  Anybody waiting this long to get a new console certainly wouldn't go to a midnight launch. :P 

makingmusic476 said:
dabaus513 said:

$5.85, but I get a 15% discount on all merchandise in store and a 40% discount at Barnes & Noble's.

That is pretty low. o_O

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

makingmusic476 said:
dabaus513 said:

wow thats low. the starting wage at the ebgames (canadas version of gamestop) where i live is $10.75 an hour. also by law if they want to bring you in for say two hours for something like a midnight opening they have to pay you for a min 4 hours

on topic i'm suprised that the # are so close for having taken place in the us