Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many of you really own a PS3?

I don't have one yet if I will work this summer I will buy one in September otherwise wait till christmas periode.






Around the Network
TheBigFatJ said:
betsfro said:
well the point now is that ps3 is a great console, but pricy as hell, but the things about this ps3 forum, is why so many people talks trash about it and it dosent havent even used or played yet, talks trash and i dosent even have a clue of what the ps3 is capable of

From a gaming perspective, will you tell us what it is capable of that the 360 isn't?  You keep mentioning that it's this great machine, but I don't see any compelling arguments to make me agree with you.

All I see are games available on the 360 and the PS3, and the 360 versions are almost always better.  Look at FEAR -- this was a game ported to the 360 from the PC.  Then it was ported to the PS3 from the PC.  The 360 version looks and plays much better, has a better frame rate, cleaner graphics, more vivid colors, etc.  And you can't argue that it's a port from the 360 version, because both console versions were ported from the PC.

Look at Call of Duty 3.  Look at Spiderman 3.  These games have significantly better framerates for the Xbox 360 version.  They both have better graphics as well (although CoD 3 is close).  The sad reality is that games require a lot of general purpose CPU power and the Xbox 360 has 3x as much general purpose CPU power than the PS3.

Of course some games ported look better on X360 ,but so marginally better ......but others as Oblivion ,Fight Night 3 ,NBA 2K 7 look better on the PS3 .Spiderman 3 may have worse frame rate but better graphics in polygon count and detail .The sad part ,for you ,is that videogames doesnt need general purpose power for them .General purpose is double efficiency calculations that are needed for some offimatic applications ,text processors ,excel pages ,etc .But not videogames .When someone says the X360 CPU is better for "general purpose " they seem to be forgetting we arent talking about a computer here but a videogames machine ,and graphics sound and about everything represented in screen needs mostly single point operations ,so FLOPS (floating point operations per second )is the way to measure them .And the PS3 ,like it or not ,just has some more FLOPS of power that the X360 .Like three times ,to be exact .

Besides ,your 3X more general purpose power of the X360 would assume the 7 SPU of the PS3 have ZERO power applied to general purpose.Thats not the case ,if you have to calculate two times each operation without some help provided by the architechture  it evidently reduces the efficiency of the proccesor in half ,but each SPU has as much power as one Core of the X360 (about 25 Gigaflops ) .That lends me to think you simply doesnt know what are you talking  about .



Blue3 said:
ckmlb said:
How did this turn into another PS3 bashing thread? If you don't own a PS3 why are you posting here to talk shit about it when the thread is asking for those who own the console to respond...

jealousy for one.


Just out of curiosity, Blue, are you jealous of my computer? Your PS3 is patently inferior to it when comparing specs. Are you jealous? Hm? Your system is already outdated, neener neener!

Personally, I wouldn't be jealous, because there are very few games for my PC (and of those, basically none actually tax my system). But that's precisely the reason why many Wii/360 owners aren't jealous: there aren't a lot of games on the PS3 that they want to play, so the additional power is not inherently valuable to them.

Put differently: okay, you want to make fun of Wii/360 owners because their system has lower specs? Fine. Just be prepared for high end PC owners to mock your system in turn. The PS3 isn't the king of the hill -- there are already systems out there with better specs than it, and the number will continue to grow as the platform ages. There are also already games in development that your little system can't handle. I wouldn't put much faith in the "my system is better than yours" argument, because that argument can be thrown right back in your face.



http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:
Blue3 said:
ckmlb said:
How did this turn into another PS3 bashing thread? If you don't own a PS3 why are you posting here to talk shit about it when the thread is asking for those who own the console to respond...

jealousy for one.


Just out of curiosity, Blue, are you jealous of my computer? Your PS3 is patently inferior to it when comparing specs. Are you jealous? Hm? Your system is already outdated, neener neener!

Personally, I wouldn't be jealous, because there are very few games for my PC (and of those, basically none actually tax my system). But that's precisely the reason why many Wii/360 owners aren't jealous: there aren't a lot of games on the PS3 that they want to play, so the additional power is not inherently valuable to them.

Put differently: okay, you want to make fun of Wii/360 owners because their system has lower specs? Fine. Just be prepared for high end PC owners to mock your system in turn. The PS3 isn't the king of the hill -- there are already systems out there with better specs than it, and the number will continue to grow as the platform ages. There are also already games in development that your little system can't handle. I wouldn't put much faith in the "my system is better than yours" argument, because that argument can be thrown right back in your face.


no cause i can afford it.  Ps3 gets alot of hate because many can't afford it.

 

 

 



can (easily) afford one don't want one



Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
Bodhesatva said:
Blue3 said:
ckmlb said:
How did this turn into another PS3 bashing thread? If you don't own a PS3 why are you posting here to talk shit about it when the thread is asking for those who own the console to respond...

jealousy for one.


Just out of curiosity, Blue, are you jealous of my computer? Your PS3 is patently inferior to it when comparing specs. Are you jealous? Hm? Your system is already outdated, neener neener!

Personally, I wouldn't be jealous, because there are very few games for my PC (and of those, basically none actually tax my system). But that's precisely the reason why many Wii/360 owners aren't jealous: there aren't a lot of games on the PS3 that they want to play, so the additional power is not inherently valuable to them.

Put differently: okay, you want to make fun of Wii/360 owners because their system has lower specs? Fine. Just be prepared for high end PC owners to mock your system in turn. The PS3 isn't the king of the hill -- there are already systems out there with better specs than it, and the number will continue to grow as the platform ages. There are also already games in development that your little system can't handle. I wouldn't put much faith in the "my system is better than yours" argument, because that argument can be thrown right back in your face.


no cause i can afford it. Ps3 gets alot of hate because many can't afford it.

 

 

 


Let me make sure I've got this right: you think those that hate the PS3 are just poor people who are jealous because they can't afford it?

 

....this is going to go over well.  



http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

omgwtfbbq said:
can (easily) afford one don't want one

 Can also afford one. Also don't want one.



http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:
Blue3 said:
 

no cause i can afford it. Ps3 gets alot of hate because many can't afford it.

 

 

 


Let me make sure I've got this right: you think those that hate the PS3 are just poor people who are jealous because they can't afford it?

 

....this is going to go over well.


 alot of the biggest PS3 haters on here have posted they cant affored.

Its like BMW owner being called assholes on car forums, people have no good reason other then they drive expensive cars thus they are assholes in the eyes of those that cant afford them.

 People fear what they dont know and they hate what they can't affored.



proud owner since 3/6/07



Blue3 said:
Bodhesatva said:
Blue3 said:
 

no cause i can afford it. Ps3 gets alot of hate because many can't afford it.

 

 

 


Let me make sure I've got this right: you think those that hate the PS3 are just poor people who are jealous because they can't afford it?

 

....this is going to go over well.


alot of the biggest PS3 haters on here have posted they cant affored.

Its like BMW owner being called assholes on car forums, people have no good reason other then they drive expensive cars thus they are assholes in the eyes of those that cant afford them.

People fear what they dont know and they hate what they can't affored.

plenty of people hate/don't want a PS3 yet can afford it.

people who are jealous because they can't afford it don't hate on it, if they are jealous it means they like the thing and want it.

expensive car owners are called arseholes on forums because they have an elitist attitude and think they are better than owners of cheaper cars because they can afford a more expensive car. And in fact, I am seeing the same thing from PS3 owner, as evidenced from your posts. An elitist attitude, thinking everyone wants your PS3 but simply can't afford it. 

If I could afford a ferrari I would not buy one because I think it's a frivolous waste of money. A PS3 purchase would barely make a dent in my savings, but I won't buy one because I simply don't want one. The truth is that I am not jealous and don't wish I could be in your situation, and the same case applies with everyone else. Those who want a PS3 but can't afford one will get one when it drops in price or they get more money. Those that don't want a PS3 are not jealous that they can't afford it, but simply don't want one.

get over your elitist crap. 



Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!