By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many of you really own a PS3?

yes since december and its awsome.. i like it.. its only bad reputation in the web, but ps3 rocks

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
Bodhesatva said:
Blue3 said:

no cause i can afford it. Ps3 gets alot of hate because many can't afford it.

Let me make sure I've got this right: you think those that hate the PS3 are just poor people who are jealous because they can't afford it?

....this is going to go over well.

alot of the biggest PS3 haters on here have posted they cant affored.

Its like BMW owner being called assholes on car forums, people have no good reason other then they drive expensive cars thus they are assholes in the eyes of those that cant afford them.

People fear what they dont know and they hate what they can't affored.

All other problems with this analogy aside -- the PS3 is NOT a BMW. It's.. geez, I dunno, a Camaro. My Computer is a BMW. And you know what? It will be obsolete in a year, too.

The PS3 is not like a luxury car. The BMW is still a BMW five years later: your console is already outdated. I hope you scale your signature to match this, by the way. Make it a camaro now, a camry in about 6 more months, then a Taurus a year after that. Three years from now, it's going to resemble that little car you have as your Wii.

Here's a picture for your signature right now:

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/10850248/1973_Chevy_Camaro_Z28_454ci_Bb_V8.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Holy crap, half of the PS3's WW owners are on this site, and thats not saying much.

I'd be interested in PS3 for the games (especially FFXIII), but nothing else. I really don't get the whole blu-ray worship thing. I'm happy enough with standard dvd.

Sadly though, I just have enough money for a Wii and DS Lite. Even when they're the cheapest consoles on the market, I needed to save up for those. :S

Bodhesatva said:

All other problems with this analogy aside -- the PS3 is NOT a BMW. It's.. geez, I dunno, a Camaro. My Computer is a BMW. And you know what? It will be obsolete in a year, too.

The PS3 is not like a luxury car. The BMW is still a BMW five years later: your console is already outdated. I hope you scale your signature to match this, by the way. Make it a camaro now, a camry in about 6 more months, then a Taurus a year after that. Three years from now, it's going to resemble that little car you have as your Wii.

Here's a picture for your signature right now:

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/10850248/1973_Chevy_Camaro_Z28_454ci_Bb_V8.jpg

Just ignore Blue3, living in his parents basement has given him an odd view on how the rest of the world lives ...

Personally I could afford a PS3, but I do think it is remarkably foolish to spend $600 on a gaming system which will be obsolete (as compared to PCs) within 12 months, will lose the majority of third party support because few people will spend $600 on a system, and has very few games which give any reason to spend that kind of money.

Around the Network

i have had one since launch and i love it. I play resistance all the time.( well only when im not playin gears of war.)

Blue3 said:
ckmlb said:
How did this turn into another PS3 bashing thread? If you don't own a PS3 why are you posting here to talk shit about it when the thread is asking for those who own the console to respond...

jealousy for one.

Ugh, people like your are just as bad as the flaming trolls (oh wait, you are a flaming troll).  Please, you think that everyone that doesn't buy the system you do is just jealous of it?  I like the PS3, but I know not everyone does, and there are some very valid reasons out there to dislike it.  Trojan horsing a blu-ray, insulting your competitors, making ridiculous claims you can't keep, and worst of all TELLING people they WILL work to buy this system.  A lot of people have a problem with the attitude of Sony as a company much moreso than the system itself.  I don't like Sony as a company but I like the PS3, and I am still willing to buy one.  Still, stop pretending you are superior to everyone else just because you bought a PS3.  That kind of attitude is what starts all these stupid flame wars.

Unfortunately, I also have one.

DonWii said:
Well, I would say this is one reason why it doesnt sell well ," its really not that expensive for a bluray player". I agree, it isnt. But I am more interested in the gaming aspects of it, rather than the entertainment parts. Not everyone can afford one. It is a great piece of hardware, however, just ahead of its time. I will be getting one, but not until late 2008, when there should be a significant price drop/better software.

Exactly.  Microsoft are trying to turn the consoles into computers, and releasing a new one every day is a good start, not working though.  Sony is focusing on multimedia, basically trying to sell their console for non gaming features. The reason why Microsoft love to say the Wii is trying to target different audiences is not because the Wii is targeting little kids or nongamers, but because the Wii is actually the ONLY console targeting core gamers.  A core gamer (not hardcore, just core) is anybody looking to play any type of video games.  Thats what nintendo is doing, focusing on gaming.  God bless Nintendo.

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

i own one of course... just waiting for the games like everyone else is...

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732