By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So, what if the Wii wins Worldwide next week in HW sales?

^I do not think many core gamers were planning on going Wii only.. For core gamers the Wii is a second console to begin with, again, won't hurt the Wii, but will help HD consoles.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Wii is not going to outsell any of the 2 consoles...

1st PS3
2nd 360
3rd Wii

After watching the GameTrailers review of GTAIV all I have to say is if Wii doesn't get such an epic game this generation I really wouldn't care less if it won 90% of the market. As long as more games like GTA4 and MGS4 come for the other 2 consoles....

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

We've been hearing about unprecedented supply of Wii's across North America for Mario Karts release so it's very doubtful the Wii will be outsold this week.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

HappySqurriel said:

Being that the game is going to be released on both platforms, has limited appeal in Japan and will give a (somewhat) equal boost to both consoles, you're looking at the sales of the PS3 and XBox 360 tripling in both remaining regions (in a non-holiday week) in order to match the Wii's weekly sales ...

In other words the Wii will outsell the PS3 and XBox 360 next week, although combined they will outsell the Wii ...

nope its not the next ps2, its better and is selling faster then the ps2. i think the wii will jump with the extra units out there and especially in america for the MKW launch. and with the launch on a sunday thats gonna make it even bigger. GTA4 only pretains to hardcore die hard GTA players not casuals and not to regular gamers. but for most that hve a wii will get GTA4 when it is released on the pc cause it will have better graphics and better FPS  with the better graphics cards. 

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Around the Network

If the Wii does outsell its competitors during the release of the biggest game of the year for the HD consoles it will be an awesome demonstration of Wii dominance.

It will be funny if the Wii is able to beat both combined I will laugh and that justy shows developers that you must join the Wii bandwagon.

"Like you know"

Wii will win the next week WW, but not outsell PS3 and Xbox360 combined.

The Wii just sell a lot and I think their are not enough Wii's on the shell to outsell PS3 and X360 when GTAIV launch.

The shelves over here are flooded with PS3's. The warehouses know that that GTAIV is HUGE!

mrstickball said:
I think what will be telling is if, in May, the 360 and PS3, combined can equal *about* 120-130% of the Wii's sales in May. Ultimately, 1 week can't tell a whole war, but 1 month can tell us a bit. If the X360 and PS3 can average around 200k/wk for May (each), and the Wii stays around 350k/wk, this might be somewhat advantageous for the HD consoles. But we'll have to see.

I'm curious what that does mean in your mind if both consoles do hit 200k avg and the Wii is only  at 350k average for the month?  I don't really see any major implications outside of that month. I would think if it can maintain good numbers into June then it would mean more.  Am I missing something?

To Each Man, Responsibility