By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So, what if the Wii wins Worldwide next week in HW sales?

Welp, my ponderance is:

A lot of HD console fanboys are telling me that the PS3 or 360, or perhaps both individually will reach at least 400,000 consoles sold worldwide the week GTA IV is launched.

That's more than double PS3 sales last week, and almost triple Xbox 360 sales last week, worldwide.

The assumption is the Wii would also pile in consoles that week, giving it probably a 400k plus week. The Wii reached 429k this week.

Leo-J even assumes that PS3 sales will cause Wii sales to fall next week, due to change in preference of the consumer to consoles that play GTA.

In fact, some people, probably Crazzy, even believe the PS3 or 360 could win NPD this month, beating the Wii, despite the Wii selling about 800k units last month. 

So, my question is to all you junior analyists out there:

Do you think any of these predictions are even possible, and if so, do you think they are likely?

Also, will any of you HD-Console fanboys feel dissapointed or let down by GTA IV's impact if 360 and PS3 sales fail to dethrone the Wii for even one week, worldwide? 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Well, the rise and fall of Wii sales has nothing to do at all with game releases, but purely on available stock(talking about America only). So, it is possible that Wii could below PS3 and 360.

Im not sure if the PS3 and 360 can get a big enough boost to push past the Wii in April, but who knows.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It´s the last hope fpr Sony fans in a while untill FF comes then they will start again.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

The Wii is a non-HD console, it is much cheaper than the PS3 console. Casuals buy Wii more than the PS3. PS3 hardware total will be close to the Wii's or maybe have the PS3 beating the Wii for the first week of GTA IV. 360 will be a long way behind the PS3 and Wii for the week like over 150k behind

Rock_on_2008 said:
The Wii is a non-HD console, it is much cheaper than the PS3 console. Casuals buy Wii more than the PS3. PS3 hardware total will be close to the Wii's or maybe have the PS3 beating the Wii for the first week of GTA IV. 360 will be a long way behind the PS3 and Wii for the week like over 150k behind

Alright, alright, interesting prediction. Anyone else?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Wii will sell more units than 360 and PS3 combined.

If others can makeinsane, logicless predictions why can't I?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I'll say right now, I don't think the PS3, nor the Xbox 360 can reach 425,000 units next week, but as always, I could be wrong.

However, they could beat the Wii, if Nintendo releases less consoles than they sell. If I were Nintendo, I'd have saved up some for this occasion, just to keep the numbers in my favor.

I believe with 100 percent certainty, however, that the PS3 nor the 360 stands a snowballs chance in hell of beating the Wii in NPD figures.

That's the cool thing about predictions though, they are something to look forward too, to see if you are right or wrong.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I think it will be big, but I'm not sure about the console sales. If you assume that the persons who have bought the XBOX360 and the PS3 are "hardcoregamers" and this kind of persons are the audience for games like GTA, maybe the ones who want the game have already a console. It's the same story that Halo 3... But who knows, GTA was BIG last gen....

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

Isn't the US supposed to be getting a ridiculous shipment of Wiis in for the launch of Mario Kart?

wii sold 430k last week, and i expect the number to be bigger for the GTA week. However, it doesn't need to be to beat the PS3 or 360. If PS3 doubles its current sales in NA and Europe it will be at 328k, far short of the Wii.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X