By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii/DS are the best product lines or why every other line should be ignored

Uhhh.... what DKII?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

By what I mean what did you do.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I can't take credit since someone above me already pointed it out, but if you look at the title of the thread it says to ignore every other line. So I did. :P

How dare you trick this way once again, Roland. Go Wi-Fi and get ready to get creamed on Mario Kart Wii!

... Okay, I'll let you off the hook this time :P

You are of course exaggerating some of your points a bit (especially in the title hehe), but in general you are of course right. 3rd parties have a long way to go if they want to make big profits with the current budgets they're using for making big games.

However, I think it will take a while. One thing that I have observed in the past few months is that many people in this industry (at least management and strategists) aren't terribly bright. From analysts to the managers of most gaming companies, there just seems to be a lower average IQ than in other businesses.

EDIT - regarding the joke, it doesn't work that well here... maybe because of my resolution? Anyway, you got me, you've been upping your game lately! :D

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:
Well, if this is a joke thread, consider me snagged. I think Rol's pretty on point. Mind you, there'll still be plenty of good stuff coming out for all the systems, including the PC, and I don't think I'm alone when I say I intend to 'collect them all' as soon as I can afford to. But I can't really disagree with anything Rol just said.

I am totally puzzled myself. How was it detected so early on that it is a joke thread? Probably it was the high level of fanboyism in the OP, something I don't show in my other posts. Because it sounds so over the top, it must be a joke thread.

But since I tend to hide clues in my joke threads, can anyone tell me what they are in this one?

It is not a joke thread. For Rol, once in  a while the internal pressure of fanboy hate and Ninty Lapdog obedience become too great and he has to let it all out in one big pile of smelling fanboy feces. Thats why he makes these "joke" posts. And to not tarnish his reputation and get him uncovered for the fanboy he is, he the claims these to be funny joke posts. But yes, he and evil ninty have an agenda here... 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:

It is not a joke thread. For Rol, once in a while the internal pressure of fanboy hate and Ninty Lapdog obedience become too great and he has to let it all out in one big pile of smelling fanboy feces. Thats why he makes these "joke" posts. And to not tarnish his reputation and get him uncovered for the fanboy he is, he the claims these to be funny joke posts. But yes, he and evil ninty have an agenda here...

The only fanboys are the people who hate other consoles to help them feel better about their own.

It is a joke though, start the first line, then skip every other one and see what the original post says then. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Faxanadu said:

It is not a joke thread. For Rol, once in a while the internal pressure of fanboy hate and Ninty Lapdog obedience become too great and he has to let it all out in one big pile of smelling fanboy feces. Thats why he makes these "joke" posts. And to not tarnish his reputation and get him uncovered for the fanboy he is, he the claims these to be funny joke posts. But yes, he and evil ninty have an agenda here...

The only fanboys are the people who hate other consoles to help them feel better about their own.

It is a joke though, start the first line, then skip every other one and see what the original post says then.

Sarcasm is also often a kind of joke ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

RolStoppable said:

It took me about 40 minutes to write the OP and despite using the "preview post" feature, not everything lined up correctly once I posted this thread. I had to edit the OP five times to fix it. I also had trouble to fit the thread title within the size limit, hence the slash between Wii and DS. The title as it is uses up all 75 characters.

Originally I had planned to fill the other lines with more fanboyism, but some parts fell out either because they were going too far or just because they didn't fit the sentence structure. Ignoring every other line then would reveil that it's a perfectly reasonable post.

I wouldn't worry too much about sentence structure.
Shut your filthy whore mouth!
With a thread title that long only a certain part of it will register.
You lying KimStoppable Australian of the south!
It seems you're never trusted to post the truth, that's to blame.
You eat green pea soup and then regurgitate it!
Maybe next time you should try doing a post in quatrain.
That's why I blame Wii Fit!

For instance:

Would you waggle in a bus?
Would you do yoga on a truss?
Do you have the Wii Play game?
Or do you think Wii Fit's to blame?

"I will not play it" said stof I am.
"I will not play Wii Sports with shams."

I started looking for the clue before I even read the OP.

I noticed that there were a lot of similar words or repeat words at the starts of consecutive lines, but I had to poke around in the responces until I saw someone mention to look at the thread title, at which point I literally LOLed.

Not bad. Probably took more effort than past threads, and there were some nonsense bits eliminated by skipping every other line, so I give it two thumbs up (out of two).

But from here on out it may get tougher to fool people or hide clues. I'm sure others were like me and knew there had to be a joke right away with this thread.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.