By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii/DS are the best product lines or why every other line should be ignored

dtewi said:
Thread gets the "Seal" of approval.

HAHAHAOOAHAOAHOAHOAHAOHAOAAHHAHAAAAAAHHHHH!

No, this is the Seal of Approval:

Sorry, Joel, but this is for thinking I was a girl the whole time >_>

OT: Whoever thinks the Wii is crap must be dumb. It's a novelty item and it will go down in history as being a sacred console that changed the market to what it is today.

Around the Network

The best place to hide something is sometimes right out in the open. Congratulations Rol, even if your stuff gets spotted too fast (and for me, the title tipped me off that something was fishy even if I never got the clue) it's still great fun trying to figure it out.

And, of course, the newcomers get caught in the net until we tip them off. Unfortunately there was no one coming in hours after the reveal not looking at the thread (...yet!) -- that was completely hilarious in the first one.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I don't understand why people like these threads they are so pointless.

konnichiwa said:
I don't understand why people like these threads they are so pointless.

A very good question. The first few were new and interesting, admittedly more of the former than latter, but lately they're all pretty stale. It's a bit like hearing the same joke over and over. The first time it was genuinely funny, the second time it was still kind of amusing, but now it's old and stale.

Then again, I can only assume the reason people keep repeating the same stuff over and over do so because it's all they can do. It'd probably be best for everyone else to just pass along by as fans of this stuff are busily chewing their own lunch for the fifth time making preparations to dazzle us by regurgitating it for yet another reappearance but these threads are almost like car wrecks in that you just have to look and see the unfortunate folks who get suckered in and then brutally flattened like innocent ducklings attempting to cross the freeway.

Wii and DS provide better gaming experiences.

LOL we can argue over more accessible. I think that would be a valid opinion. This also results in higher sales which is fact.

But this doesn't result in better gaming experience. Since games are what is important I would argue that the motion controls result in worse games and therefore worse gaming experience. It may be more mainstream but thats a different matter. I would call it dumbed down.

I mean have a look at the games. The good Wii games: Zelda, Galaxy, Smash, Mario Kart all have at best very small dependence on Motion controls. The Gamecube version of Zelda is just as good. Collecting starbits in Galaxy is at best annoying, and Smash and Kart can be controlled just as well without using motion controls at all.
So the only great game that really has a significant upgrade through motion controls is Metroid.

Whats left is the impressive and fun Wii Tennis and lots of crap: Wii Play, Mario Party, Carnival Games, Lawn Games, Rabbits. They may be fun for a while and as a party game but this is the equivalent of American Idol music. Its accessible, many people buy it but if you know a bit about music you do not hear it.

The power of PS3/360 brings huge cities to life in Assassin's or GTA. You can play a live movie in Uncharted or get the perfect atmosphere of Call of Duty. This may not be able to break the casual gaming juggernaut that is Nintendo. But it simply is better gaming. (For a given definition of gaming)

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:

What are you, on hater crack?

I said I own a PS3, DS, and a Wii. I also said the PS3 has nothing great. What's your problem? Why would you assume that I suggest sticking to one platform? Particularly in the exclusive category. I bought it for JRPG's. I have none. I'm not a FPS or Uncharted kinda guy, though I did beat uncharted.

Also, I did at one time own a 360. RRoD'd on me before I sold it, for cheap. I played most of its hayday games, no big reason to own one now though. Enjoy getting milked by Microsoft while you hate on forum goers for no apparent reason, and buy your redundant Playstation 3, which you can use for a backup when your 360 dies, and those 15 days of your life it takes you to complete MGS and Final Fantasy XIII.

This is really uncalled for.  Why make fun of drugs?  What did crack ever do to you?  You know, crack was only created because the US government drove up the price of coke by outlawing it.  Poor people deserve good drugs, too!

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Naraku_Diabolos said:
dtewi said:
Thread gets the "Seal" of approval.

HAHAHAOOAHAOAHOAHOAHAOHAOAAHHAHAAAAAAHHHHH!

No, this is the Seal of Approval:

Sorry, Joel, but this is for thinking I was a girl the whole time >_>

OT: Whoever thinks the Wii is crap must be dumb. It's a novelty item and it will go down in history as being a sacred console that changed the market to what it is today.

Leo-j bears an almost scary resemblance to myself when I was his age o_O

If this is any indication, he'll grow up to be a very good looking 23 year old ;)

Nice joke thread here Rol, lol. I used this thread to create my own Playstation thread.

RolStoppable said:
MontanaHatchet said:

You're too much of a hardcore ranter, you're not willing to rant about different things.

Try Ranting Mama.

Or Mario Teaches Ranting.

Yeah, I'm tired...

You are making me sad. I thought I put a well thought out post up there.

I think his point was that it is strikingly similar to the things you always say, which it is. We all know by now that you loathe Sony/MS and love Nintendo, so aside from a couple of new sentences its basically a rerun from previous threads/posts (joke or no).

Lol, I'm gonna get flamed, aren't I...

Mummelmann said:
RolStoppable said:
MontanaHatchet said:

You're too much of a hardcore ranter, you're not willing to rant about different things.

Try Ranting Mama.

Or Mario Teaches Ranting.

Yeah, I'm tired...

You are making me sad. I thought I put a well thought out post up there.

I think his point was that it is strikingly similar to the things you always say, which it is. We all know by now that you loathe Sony/MS and love Nintendo, so aside from a couple of new sentences its basically a rerun from previous threads/posts.

Lol, I'm gonna get flamed, aren't I...

You my pal are right. lol. Anyway on another forum a Wii fan claimed this is one of my threads.

"Metroid Prime 3 is on par with Bioshock and is easily better than Halo 3 and Resistance fall of man" <<< I call crap on.