By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
11ht11 said:
i think they should make the graphics as best as they can

i think it should not be a sequel to wind waker

If it is a sequal, It could be after the hyrule returns from the flood. 

Around the Network
tabsina said:
schattenwolf86 said:
Maybe they could do boomerang motions with the Wiimote. I have the GCN Twilight Princess, so I don't know if that was implemented in the Wii version. You would motion the Wiimote like throwing a boomerang and catch it by pushing your remote forward, or something like that.

In TP:Wii, the boomerang was controlled with the pointer, i think that'd work better than motion swing, only because the puzzle/bossfighting requirements of the boomerang usually requires targetting a certain point from multiple choices, rather than just randomly throwing it

Maybe one could point at a target with wiimote and then twist the nunchuk at a direction to get the right kind of swing and speed to maybe avoid something in the way of the target.

u should send this to Ninty!

@dsoverpsp Nintendo would never take my suggestion seriously.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

1. Story. Reboot the series. Start fresh and from the beginning. Really create a strong history and mythos for Hyrule that can be explored and built upon with each sequel or prequel instead of this messed up thing we have now that tries to vaguely connect each game but not really.

What kind of history/mythos do you mean? An overall story arc that's slowly built up from game to game, while still doing the new world/new Link thing each game like they're doing now? I could go for that, but not much more. Bringing in a new Link every game (or almost every game) is much more interesting than having one Link going on wacky adventures every Saturday morning. And the landscape of the world has to be reworked every game, or else it would get dull fast.

The main thing I want from Zelda is better combat and more RPG elements, some of which you touch on. The games should bring in some kind of stat upgrades -- maybe tie them to rupees, because as you mentioned there really needs to be more uses for those. And take a cue from other action games and make the combat more dynamic (in Twilight Princess it actually got pretty decent toward the end with all the new moves and more challenging enemies, but it was awful before that). Right now, there's really no reason whatsoever to even bother fighting enemies, unless they're directly in your way. These are huge areas of untapped potential in the game, and they could be realized without any huge disruptions to the Zelda formula.

5. Items. Cut down on items, really only have a few that make up the core of the game. Give the player these core items early in the game and upgrade them if applicable and really use them to their fullest through the game and its puzzles. Focus on the bow, boomerang, hookshot, iron boots and bombs and intelligently upgrade them or apply twists to their design to really let the player use them throughout the world and make it rewarding for the play to experiment with these items, dont make their use so cut and dry.

I could go for fewer quest items, but an equally good solution would be for them to better put to use the items they've got. The clawshot in TP, for instance, was used constantly (which is good, because it's a good item), while things like the spinner were hardly good for anything. Maybe that's the inevitable result of bringing in a lot of items -- not all of them can be clever and useful -- but it's really the root issue that needs to be solved.

I wouldn't mind seeing more non-quest items, though, which goes along with "more RPG elements" that I mentioned before. What they do isn't too important. Just make them do something worthwhile, and make them cost money.

4. Dungeons. Dungeons need to be trimmed down. We dont need 9 random dungeons strategically placed throughout the world for Link to tackle one by one. Bring down to 4, maybe 5 at the most. Have them be structures in society that have a real purpose and function within the world, not isolated temples set aside for Link to go from point A to B and fight the final boss. Take a page from Metroid and make them big since theres fewer of them and allow for multiple avenues of exploration and dont allow them to be tackled in one run.

Here I disagree. I'll take more, shorter dungeons any day over fewer, longer ones. A change of scenery is essential when they start to drag on.

Around the Network

What about a scarier Zelda, Almost like Majora's mask to Ocarina

like nintendo would care about some die hard zelda fans like us.
ofc the new zelda will be as good as other sequels like WW and Tp, i dont see zelda reaching its old glory again.
altho game sales will probably be better.

i think it would also be cool if some bosses would follow you trough the temple and make it as hard as possible for you, not just 1 room.
although this is all wishfull thinking, almost all things mentioned above in this tread never happen.
sad because i still consider OoT of one of my favorite games.

exellent read.

You make some great suggestions. I do disagree with your calling for fewer dungeons, as that limitation was the one thing I didn't like in Majora's Mask or Wind Waker. I also don't care much about Zelda's story, so I don't mind if they change that or not. And having stuff get destroyed as you go along risks making some items unattainable after certain points, which would get annoying. But your call for more elaborate bosses, better worlds and towns, a deeper fighting system, and everything else are spot on. Here's hoping Nintendo is thinking along the same lines.

I think the best story so far has been in A Link to the Past.

I personally, like the series how it is. The only reason I would care to see it changed, would be to shut up Nintendo haters, who would never play the game anyway, and only use its refusal to change as ammo to marginalize a big game release.

Cognitive Dissonance over HDconsole purchases, imo.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.