By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA IV Review up on IGN 10/10

OMFG !!!! This is a monster . GOTY is allready confirmed IMO , and MGS 4 probably lost its position :? My god , who have expected this ? :O

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Seems like a lot of immature children complaining for the sake of complaining. GTA IV was always going to get 9.5+ across the board, the series has a reputation for pushing boundaries and last generation received scores that reflected this.

GTA IV appears to have been a pretty large step forward in all areas over the series last generation games. Furthermore, there have been very few games this generation, thus far, that have really pushed the hardware and bought something new to the table. GTA IV is rewarded for being both a terrifically made game and for being willing to push the boardaries that other developers have been so unwilling to push.

At the end of the day most people here wouldn't be complaining if this game was SMG or Zelda and unfortunately that says a lot about these types of people. Unfortunately for them the reviews GTA IV will get are every bit as legitimate as those achieved by the likes of SMG and Zelda.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

I read the entire IGN review and I must say I am thoroughly impressed, and I haven't even played the game yet!  I was going to pick up Mario Kart Wii on Sunday but now I'm not so sure.  After reading several reviews on MKWii including the one here at VGChartz they all seem to come to the same concesus... great multiplayer game and online mode but overall not much improved from DD's gameplay and graphics wise and the battle mode just plain sux.   I was gonna hold off on GTA until I read some reviews to see if it really does deliver and if the online mode really was all it was cracked up to be, so now i think i may have to put COD4 down and finally get a new 360 game and GTAIV looks like its gonna be the one.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

"At the end of the day most people here wouldn't be complaining if this game was SMG or Zelda and unfortunately that says a lot about these types of people. Unfortunately for them the reviews GTA IV will get are every bit as legitimate as those achieved by the likes of SMG and Zelda."

Oh no, never!! You should check the threads about those games and their scores, you're new here it seems?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
"At the end of the day most people here wouldn't be complaining if this game was SMG or Zelda and unfortunately that says a lot about these types of people. Unfortunately for them the reviews GTA IV will get are every bit as legitimate as those achieved by the likes of SMG and Zelda."

Oh no, never!! You should check the threads about those games and their scores, you're new here it seems?

Well, technically it wouldn't be THOSE people complaining, but there'd be a whole group of other people who would be. If I remember correctly, some were even complaining that Galaxy got a 9.7......

Around the Network

They sound pretty fanboy to me, Cmon 10 across the baord, no game is perfect and surely not this one. Its the same game as previous GTA but bigger and prettier, defiantly not ground breaking in any way.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

misteromar mk4 said:
They sound pretty fanboy to me, Cmon 10 across the baord, no game is perfect and surely not this one. Its the same game as previous GTA but bigger and prettier, defiantly not ground breaking in any way.

So you've played it? so tell us how is it?

(I think those are the words DJM used)

I just listened to the pod cast and from the sounds of things this game pulls off a city that feels more alive than any gameboard in any game to date. I am stoked as hell for this game. I want to see all the stuff they claim is going on with just the civilians in the game.

Game of the Year?

bump