By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA IV Review up on IGN 10/10

trestres said:
"At the end of the day most people here wouldn't be complaining if this game was SMG or Zelda and unfortunately that says a lot about these types of people. Unfortunately for them the reviews GTA IV will get are every bit as legitimate as those achieved by the likes of SMG and Zelda."

Oh no, never!! You should check the threads about those games and their scores, you're new here it seems?

First of all I've been here longer than you have. Substantially longer in fact.

Secondly, this forum has a well deserved reputation as having an overly pro-Nintendo outlook.  A very small majority are highly unlikely to make more noise than a very large majority. My point undeniably stands given these points.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
Around the Network

For whoever's keeping score, the 360 is at 99.2 and PS3 is at 99.7. I really don't see why such a small difference matters, either. If Edge gives it a (gasp!) 95%, would that make it less of a game?

Just enjoy it!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I just saw the GT review of this game and I am really shocked how huge this game is.

I am not talking about the size of the city but about the little things you can do.

- Going to theaters and really watch some shows.
- Use Internet (who haves more than 100 sites).
- Play bowling, play snooker
And now I am to lazy to mention more just watch the review if you want to see more.

But it are those little things (that are in fact games you can buy now on the market) are things that I love so yes I understand that they gave this game a 10.

If the pop-in gifs are real and are in the final game, I find it very hard to belief that any self respecting reviewer could still give it an entirely perfect score.

Actually, even reading the PS3 review it says it has "less pop in" than the 360 version, implying that there is still some level of pop-in notable enough to mention in the review itself. Is this not where the actual scoring comes in? if the game is struggling with certain technical aspects, why not something along the lines of say...9.8?

I have a feeling that the glossing over of such aspects may result in some type of backlash on the game itself once it's released.

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

trestres said:
IMO, as Ive never been fan of the series the game doesnt deserve a 10.
9 would be the highest if its really impressive from a technical standpoint, but I doubt its the best looking game so far this generation.

GTA is one of the most overrated franchises, plus add the fact that besides some small changes the game is almost the same.

Just fun to run around or drive cars, missions were always bad IMO.

Your a Nintendo/ Mario fan. It's obvious you would say that.

BTW: GTA IV thoroughly deserves its high review scores.