By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Silent Hill 2 Remake has sold 1 million copies in 1 week

Tagged games:

dane007 said:

Would have been 2 if it was on Xbox as well. When will devs learn to not accept exclusive money

Would've been 3 if it was on Steam as well. And 4 if it was on PS4. Make that 5 if it was on NSW. And 6 if it was on 3DS. (Imagine if they released it on EVERY system ever made! From that supercomputer from the 50s all the way to NSW2. That's like 30mil in 1 week!)

Around the Network

I'm wondering if that's enough to please Konami. I hope so, I want a Silent Hill 4 remake!

firebush03 said:
dane007 said:

Would have been 2 if it was on Xbox as well. When will devs learn to not accept exclusive money

Would've been 3 if it was on Steam as well. And 4 if it was on PS4. Make that 5 if it was on NSW. And 6 if it was on 3DS. (Imagine if they released it on EVERY system ever made! From that supercomputer from the 50s all the way to NSW2. That's like 30mil in 1 week!)

Can’t comment on the rest of your comment, but it is on Steam lol. That’s where I played it.

dane007 said:

Sorry bro, but what you said dont have any sense

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
G2ThaUNiT said:
firebush03 said:

Can’t comment on the rest of your comment, but it is on Steam lol. That’s where I played it.

Lol oh. Then the comment abt “exclusivity money” I was responding to is complete nonsense. Dude thinks Xbox would actly perform as strong as PC and PS5 combined. (Not to mention…it released on Steam. So, there was no exclusivity money in the first place. Konami just skipped out on Xbox.)

Around the Network
dane007 said:

It's ok to be mad about this game being a console exclusive but no, it wouldn't sell 1 million on Xbox alone lol

Congrats on both Konami and Bloober to release a project that's actually more than decent this time around.

Admittedly, this is based partially on the enormous recognition of a tentpole game of the horror genre, so I don't know if Bloober's new project has any chance to fare just as well.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

dane007 said:

If the UK's RE4 Remake launch numbers are anything to go by, then no.

"73% of Resident Evil 4's boxed sales were on PS5, 14% on the Xbox consoles, and 13% on PS4."

Bare in mind this is only retail, but still you're comparing 86% on Playstation. Even if we were super generous and doubled Xbox's digital ratio compared to playstation it would be 70% vs 30%

It's a really good remake.

But now, can we have some update on Silent Hill f and Silent Hill Townfall...?

Probably could have got another few hundred thousand with an Xbox release but smart of Konami to have day and date on PS5 and PC.
I've never played Silent Hill, but I think I should.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima