By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 39, 2024 (Sep 23 - Sep 29)

In the main post, which would you rather see first?

Software 10 50.00%

Hardware 5 25.00%

Don't care 5 25.00%

Total:20

Zelda comes in with a more than fairly good opening considering it has beaten Link's Awakening remake by a good shot on opening week(+1 more day of sales in mind though).

Will be interesting to look at Nintendo upcoming releases legs during the upcoming holiday season !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
firebush03 said:
Salnax said:

Zelda FW Comparison:

• Tears of the Kingdom - 1,119,502
  • Breath of the Wild (Wii U + Switch) - 238,112
  • Majora's Mask 3D - 236,536
  • Link Between Worlds - 225,418
  • Echoes of Wisdom - 200,121
  • Skyward Sword - 194,894
  • Ocarina of Time 3D - 182,998
  • Skyward Sword HD - 159,089
  • Link's Awakening 2019 - 141,375
  • Triforce Heroes - 58,594
  • Twilight Princess HD - 53,620
  • Wind Waker HD - 31,154

Second largest opening for a 2D Zelda, that's cool to see! Little bit underwhelming though seeing it underperform MM3D and LBW (and even BotW noting how small the installbase of NSW/WiiU was at launch). Thank you for this data!

Don't forget that these numbers only cover physical sales; including digital, EoW is almost certainly ahead of MM3D, BOTW, and LBW.

Looks like a pretty big week for software with both Zelda and Trails releasing. Not a bad start for a 2D Zelda title.

I also want to add that this is the first main entry Zelda game to not have any limited edition version of the fane being released. So 200k just for a single SKU.

Switch!!!

Solid opening week numbers for Zelda + a noticeable bump for Switch hardware - Which is now just 1-2 weeks of sales away from 34 million LTD in Japan and RIGHT before sales traditionally start picking steam in preparation for the holiday season.
Just how much gas does that thing still have left in the tank?!

Around the Network

What's crazy is looking at that hardware table and seeing "last week" and "last year" for the Switch almost the exact same.
If the rest of the world wasn't a thing and the Switch was only selling in Japan, it wouldn't surprise me if they could ride it until 2026 before replacing it.

Did switch lite get discounted? It did over 30k this week compare to 10k last week

Pinkie_pie said:

Did switch lite get discounted? It did over 30k this week compare to 10k last week

There was a gold Zelda edition Switch Lite that came out alongside Echoes of Wisdom.

Top 30 software added to OP

Also, added a poll! I've always done software then hardware in the main post, but notice that most people are here more for the hardware numbers. So, should I put the hardware numbers up top, then the software? Let me know!

Last edited by kenjab - 18 hours ago

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

I'm used to read both, first software, then hardware. No need to change it imo. ^^ Thanks for your efforts!