By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you be disappointed if "Switch 2" is revealed as Switch PRO? (Poll)

I'd be disappointed with a Switch PRO

Yes 26 52.00%

No 18 36.00%

A bit 1 2.00%

Still excited as Switch 2 5 10.00%

Total:50

People are hyping themselves silly, I gotta wonder will there be mass disappointment or backlash at Nintendo if it turn out to be an Enhanced Switch model...

Around the Network

As long as it's not $699US

*With no card slot

Shaunodon said:

As long as it's not $699US

*With no card slot

Lol. Sony is never living this down. 

A bit underwhelmed maybe. Just like I was when the follow up to the Wii was called WiiU, its bad marketing imo. 

I personally associate the "Pro" suffix to the same console, just with slightly better specs, so it doesnt sound like a new follow up console. 

Nintendo already confirmed the switch successor will be announced this fiscal year.

Around the Network

I don't know if I understand the question?

You mean, if it's not a generation and only a hardware upgrade?

Wouldn't care if they support this "revision" for another 5 or 6 years and released games that make full use of its capabilities

If the true Switch 2 would be coming in the next 3 years then I would just yawn and wait for it

That's not happening. Did you read the specs on the T239? That's not a pro. That's an entire new generational jump and chipset. Investor meetings already confirmed a successor out next year.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Personally I don't see the difference between a pro and a S2. Games are scalable. Generations don't exist anymore. Better hardware is better settings and performance.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

If you think the Switch 2 is just a Switch Pro based on the leaks we've had, then the PS5 is a mere PS4 Pro 2.0.

The jump in CPU (architecture and cores), GPU (architecture and shaders), memory & memory bandwidth characteristics make it a real successor, not just a refresh.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Yes, I’d be disappointed in Nintendo.

Anything called [X-Device] Pro that isn’t designed for professionals is pretentious as fuck.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.