By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Pro revealed. November 7th 2024. $699

Was worried this would make me regret buying the regular PS5 a few months before this comes out.....it doesnt.

Around the Network

November 2013: PS4 = €399.99

November 2016: PS4 Pro = €399.99.... same price, more than doubled performance after 3 years

November 2020: PS5 digital edition = €399.99

November 2024: PS5 Pro digital edition = €799.99.... doubled price, +45% performance after 4 years

KLXVER said:

Was worried this would make me regret buying the regular PS5 a few months before this comes out.....it doesnt.

Sony's baffling practices with the "Slim" and now the Pro make me not regret getting a PS5 in October 2022. Glad I have a console with a built-in disc drive and one that isn't even that much difference in appearance or size as the Slim should be. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

KLXVER said:

And I'm out here somewhat regretting not buying a PS5 at launch.

Oh well, I'll put that kind of money towards two battlemage GPU's. It is unfortunate that I pay for my brothers upgrades too.

Around the Network

I've been waiting for this since the PS5 released, to decide whether or not to get a Playstation 5 at all. This will be the first generation of Playstation I won't buy; it's just too expensive for what you get, and most of the bigger games will be arriving on PC after a while.

Wman1996 said:
KLXVER said:

Sony's baffling practices with the "Slim" and now the Pro make me not regret getting a PS5 in October 2022. Glad I have a console with a built-in disc drive and one that isn't even that much difference in appearance or size as the Slim should be. 

Oh I did buy the slim. I keep forgetting its not the original one. lol

I love that the stand is not included that's really the highlight of greed.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Wait till $79.99 becomes the new normal for game prices too lol.

Lol it looks like I was right on with the price prediction back in March

Sony and Microsoft's actions since the pandemic ended are screaming they want to do away with the subsidized model and make a decent premium from the get-go on every unit.

We might find this too expensive now but I suspect this will be kind of default by next-gen.