By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's September. PS5 Pro should be revealed in the next weeks

Are you excited for PS5 Pro?

Yes, I'll get one as soon as possible 5 14.29%

Yes, I plan to get one in the future 4 11.43%

More or less, I need to see more 5 14.29%

No, I'm fine with my PS5 12 34.29%

No, I'm not interested on PS5 at all 9 25.71%

Total:35

If they were going to announce it, when and where would they? A state of play? What game shows are on....

Around the Network
twintail said:

Need more info on price, size, capability before deciding between the Pro and the Slim.

I hope we get Cerny talking about the Pro for at least an hour. That's the dream.

Same boat as you. 

LegitHyperbole said:

If they were going to announce it, when and where would they? A state of play? What game shows are on....

Probably always there'll be an online presentation. However, PS5 Pro also may appear during the annual video game expo in Japan (it will be in the 2nd half of month). I think that they will show some new games as they announce a new hardware this month. Not only Silent Hill 2 but something new including 1-party titles. It feels like it's a time for Sucker Punch Team or Media Molecule to show their upcoming projects. We don't know much about PS5's second half 2025-2027 lineup. There's Marathon in development but the majority of titles haven't been revealed. 

I'll get it for PSVR2. But kinda annoying if it doesn't come with a disc drive.

Hopefully GT7 will get a boost to 90fps for PSVR2, but at least the slowdown during rainy sunrises should be gone. Resolution boost is always welcome as well. Red Matter 2 shows what the headset is capable of (120 fps with extremely clear graphics due to super sampling). Most games are rendered below the native resolution of PSVR2.

SvennoJ said:

I'll get it for PSVR2. But kinda annoying if it doesn't come with a disc drive.

Hopefully GT7 will get a boost to 90fps for PSVR2, but at least the slowdown during rainy sunrises should be gone. Resolution boost is always welcome as well. Red Matter 2 shows what the headset is capable of (120 fps with extremely clear graphics due to super sampling). Most games are rendered below the native resolution of PSVR2.

Some sources hint there'll be PS5P units which include disc drives on day one (700 price tag). Probably another source, which thought that PS5P would be full-digital, just had not seen bundles with disc drives. 

Around the Network

As much as I don’t like to say that a system is going to flop…I do not see any chance of PS5P moving more than a few million units IF the rumored price tag of $600/700 is true. That being said, it should be clear that I have no interest in purchasing this system lol.

For reference, I am only expected to spend around $800 on video games this entire year. A new PS5P would literally cost me nearly a year’s worth of games…no thanks.

Last edited by firebush03 - on 02 September 2024

I'll wait and see if Returnal gets a considerable upgrade. (I own it on PC too, but RT and HDR don't work in it on my rig for some reason).

If it doesn't, I sleep. If it does, real shit.

I hope it's a bit prettier than the base model, it has a face that only a mother can love. I'm interested in seeing the specs for this one, since I've yet to purchase a console this generation.

I'll stick with my PC

Going for no disc drive (at all) would be a pretty bad idea for a enthusiast system. I would only get a pro under very specific unlikely circumstances, but I might get a used regular PS5 one of these days, particularly if the pro drives down the price a little bit.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat