By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some games you would like to see in a different Genre?

I'd love to see a Xenoblade game that was an action RPG like Nier Automata or FF16, marrying Monolith's awesome worldbuilding with a more active combat system.

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:

Also, Metal Gear Solid as a mech game, we seen a bit of how it'd work in MGS 4 and I'm surprised they didn't make it. Armoured core but with Metal gear mech designs and story. Chefs kiss.

Zone of the Enders is in the MGS universe

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Eternal Darkness as a real time strategy game. You choose your allegiance to an Ancient, and do battle with armies of the other Ancients throughout various time points in history. Humans would be neutral initially, and can be possessed / taken over to become a part of your army.

Ratchet & Clank as a rougelite. So you start with your level 1 lancer and find different weapons and upgrades during the run.

DKC as a 3d platformer, it's about time DK made another trip to that genre.

Leynos said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Also, Metal Gear Solid as a mech game, we seen a bit of how it'd work in MGS 4 and I'm surprised they didn't make it. Armoured core but with Metal gear mech designs and story. Chefs kiss.

Zone of the Enders is in the MGS universe

Oh well, it doesn't play out as well as it doe in the head. 

Around the Network
Renamed said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

StarCraft as a third person shooter! With all 3 factions playable.

That's sort of what Starcraft: Ghost was supposed to be though it had just 1 playable character.

True! Although I think Ghost was meant to be more of a stealth game, given the games name after the stealth unit. I had a more Gears of War or Warhammer 40K: Space Marine style in mind! Something more fast paced with emphasis on action heavy combat. I feel like that could work really well! 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 27 August 2024

That is actually an awesome idea! Such an under utilized game character for Nintendo.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

No really diferent genres, just diferent presentation within the genre they are already a part of: 

Granblue Fantasy in a traditional RPG style. At first I thought Relink was gonna be it, but it wasnt. All scenarios were more like arenas. This IP seems perfectly tailored for an open world-esque traditional RPG were you recruit characters as you go and explore the world, villages, sky islands and whatnot.

Fire Emblem, but with units intead of individual characters. Having built up units of 5 characters ala Ogre Battle or Unicorn Overlord would make me like this franchise way much more, and then you wouldnt have to bench so many characters. 

An old issue of Nintendo Power in one of their prompts mentioned the idea of a Wario RPG and the potential of the motley crew he would bring together. That gets my vote in addition to fans getting a new Wario Land as well.
The Mother/EarthBound series has amazing potential as a 3D platformer, I think. I've long accepted we're not getting Mother 4 and shoot even a spin-off in a different genre is a very long shot.
I don't know if this is an entirely different genre but a Gridiron football game for Mario would be cool. Nintendo seems too fiscally conservative to publish such a game because outside of the United States and Canada it would struggle to sell. Do you think a sizable audience exists in Europe, Japan, and the rest of the world for Gridiron football even with Mario attached? It's doubtful. I could see Next Level Games working on it (they made the Strikers game and a cancelled Mario wrestling game), but it's still a tough sell.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima