By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The GTA6 hype thread. Everything we know so far.

I believe GTA 6 will be...

Better than GTA5 10 55.56%

On par with GTA 5 4 22.22%

Worse than GTA 5 4 22.22%

Total:18
LegitHyperbole said:

I'll update as we go along and get closer to release and this thread should serves as both news discussion and analysis of trailers as we get closer to launch. 

Here's what we know so far (at least from leaks) from GTA countdown on twitter/X. 

https://twitter.com/GTAVI_Countdown/status/1822756066721231286?t=tXRuAH2BXGvq_G4nXCTPiw&s=19

GTA 6 details & leaks:
- In development since 2014
- Costs $2 Billion
- Launches in Fall 2025
- State of Leonida will expand overtime
- 2 playable protagonists, Jason & Lucia
- Coming to PS5 & Xbox Series X|S
- Coming to PC at a later date
- Trailer 2 is expected later this year

- Big focus on heists and drug trade
- Huge focus on interactivity. At on point in the leaks the player can interact with a gumball machine
- Over 1,500 world events
- Highly improved water physics with focus on water-related events
- Online mode will feature role-play
- 2026 delay is on the table as an emergency plan
- Map is 2x size of GTAV
- 70% enterable buildings
- 3 major cities and 4 smaller cities
- 3 islands, 2 of them are inspired by Cuba, Bahamas
- New locations: NASA-inspired space center (SERA), Disney-inspired theme park (Fairyland)
- Returning locations: Malibu Club, Ocean View Hotel, Little Haiti, Leaf Links
- Stealing expensive cars will require specific tools
- Police AI significantly improved, behaving like real life
- NPCs have their own lives and make real-time decisions based on what’s around them
- Body weight mechanic and dual-wielding from San Andreas return
- Gore and dismemberment return
- 3D volumetric clouds and dynamic weather system
- Dynamic relationship system between Jason & Lucia
- New activities: football, surfing, mud clubs
- Returning activities: basketball, tennis, bowling, gyms, fishing, shooting range, night/strip clubs and golf

Let's get hyped folks. Are you looking forward to this 2 billion dollar whopper?

After the release, It will take time to hit $2bil, that is 30mil to 40mil units and that could be like a year and a half. Online gaming will speed up the process to a year. Expect layoffs to happen.

Check this Game  Flip Runner

Around the Network
spynx said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I'll update as we go along and get closer to release and this thread should serves as both news discussion and analysis of trailers as we get closer to launch. 

Here's what we know so far (at least from leaks) from GTA countdown on twitter/X. 

https://twitter.com/GTAVI_Countdown/status/1822756066721231286?t=tXRuAH2BXGvq_G4nXCTPiw&s=19

GTA 6 details & leaks:
- In development since 2014
- Costs $2 Billion
- Launches in Fall 2025
- State of Leonida will expand overtime
- 2 playable protagonists, Jason & Lucia
- Coming to PS5 & Xbox Series X|S
- Coming to PC at a later date
- Trailer 2 is expected later this year

- Big focus on heists and drug trade
- Huge focus on interactivity. At on point in the leaks the player can interact with a gumball machine
- Over 1,500 world events
- Highly improved water physics with focus on water-related events
- Online mode will feature role-play
- 2026 delay is on the table as an emergency plan
- Map is 2x size of GTAV
- 70% enterable buildings
- 3 major cities and 4 smaller cities
- 3 islands, 2 of them are inspired by Cuba, Bahamas
- New locations: NASA-inspired space center (SERA), Disney-inspired theme park (Fairyland)
- Returning locations: Malibu Club, Ocean View Hotel, Little Haiti, Leaf Links
- Stealing expensive cars will require specific tools
- Police AI significantly improved, behaving like real life
- NPCs have their own lives and make real-time decisions based on what’s around them
- Body weight mechanic and dual-wielding from San Andreas return
- Gore and dismemberment return
- 3D volumetric clouds and dynamic weather system
- Dynamic relationship system between Jason & Lucia
- New activities: football, surfing, mud clubs
- Returning activities: basketball, tennis, bowling, gyms, fishing, shooting range, night/strip clubs and golf

Let's get hyped folks. Are you looking forward to this 2 billion dollar whopper?

After the release, It will take time to hit $2bil, that is 30mil to 40mil units and that could be like a year and a half. Online gaming will speed up the process to a year. Expect layoffs to happen.

Can you imagine what'll happen if the online doesn't stick and people don't double dip on 10th generation. Even before that it's likely 10th gen will have back compat. This could go so side ways but if I were a betting man, I'd say they have nothing to worry about and yeah, 2000 people worked on RDR2. They didn't get laid off even though dev on RDR2 online closed down, they went straight to dev on this. I'd say they're safe enough as they'll either be needed to keep the new online going as a GaaS or go straight into a new Red dead or maybe both. We are talking Rockstar here, they could release a bomb and they'll still be safe on making their money back. GTA 5 made over a billion in three days. RDR2 made 800 million in 3 days and it's not even GTA. The only thing that could really screw them is if the online doesn't stick and to a lesser degree if people ron't double dip on new gen hardware like they did with GTA 5(I bought 3 copies, I know people who've done the same, everyone seems to have done it) they'll be safe in all other eventualities.

I appreciate Rockstar like to take their time and won't release a game until it's perfect in their eyes but wish they would have a handful of studios making smaller titles. Red Dead 2 is fast approaching 6 years old and GTA V, 11! We have had no other new releases from them in all that time, in the PS2/ PSP/ PS3 era, Rockstar had something released every year pretty much, I miss those days! Games like Smuggler's Run, Bully, Max Payne, Manhunt, LA Noire and Midnight Club left a big impact in their own way and it's a shame they seemingly do nothing with them, everyone forgets about GTA Chinatown Wars but that game was awesome and shows these franchises are scalable, the Switch deserved a game like it. I enjoyed Red Dead 2 but it was overwhelming at times, do we really want bigger games?, I don't. In fact, I really appreciated when Ubisoft did AC Mirage instead of its usual massive games, I want games that can be beaten in a week or 2 and feel like it was an adventure rather than a super marathon. I do look forward to GTA VI but not necessarily to the sheer scale of it. We need smaller releases from the big developers to fill in the gaps between these massive releases. Also don't think I can forgive Rockstar for the lack of single players expansions for either GTA V or Red Dead 2. GTA IV and the original RDR had amazing expansions.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Hard to say if it will be better than GTAV. I dont think the main protagonists will be as memorable as the guys in GTAV, but the world and gameplay might be better hopefully.

KLXVER said:

Hard to say if it will be better than GTAV. I dont think the main protagonists will be as memorable as the guys in GTAV, but the world and gameplay might be better hopefully.

It'd be hard to beat GTA5's cast. I don't expect them to tbh. I'm sure they'll have a great cast on the side but yeah, the main characters don't look very interesting. Perhaps too real and serious. 

Around the Network

GTA 6 is the only reason I havent sold my PS5 yet. I haven't touched the console in months, but I really want to play GTA 6, lol.

As for the game itself, I don't have any particular expectations. But I enjoyed every Rockstar game so far, so I'm pretty sure it will be fine. Like always I will completely ignore the online mode though.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:

GTA 6 is the only reason I havent sold my PS5 yet. I haven't touched the console in months, but I really want to play GTA 6, lol.

As for the game itself, I don't have any particular expectations. But I enjoyed every Rockstar game so far, so I'm pretty sure it will be fine. Like always I will completely ignore the online mode though.

You might get into the online mode this time, don't knock it off the list cause you can expect it to be crazy beefed out right from the get go... although it might be crazy beefed out with grind too... oh yeah, fuck you're right. Online mode will be a nightmare of grind and tricky shit to get shark card money. 

If it's more closer to San Andreas in terms of gameplay features and activities i think i will love it.

But i think this will end up being the case anyway because i remember someone from Rockstar saying the reason the last two games had cut down on features was because they had switched to a new game engine after San Andreas and were still trying to develop it and implement new features.

If that is the case then i think we can expect better than what Gta IV and V had to offer. Gta VI being the best game in the series is what i expect from this game. Anything less is unacceptable.

Also, i hope they improve on the shooting mechanics and aiming so we don't have to rely on auto aim.

Eric2048 said:

If it's more closer to San Andreas in terms of gameplay features and activities i think i will love it.

But i think this will end up being the case anyway because i remember someone from Rockstar saying the reason the last two games had cut down on features was because they had switched to a new game engine after San Andreas and were still trying to develop it and implement new features.

If that is the case then i think we can expect better than what Gta IV and V had to offer. Gta VI being the best game in the series is what i expect from this game. Anything less is unacceptable.

Also, i hope they improve on the shooting mechanics and aiming so we don't have to rely on auto aim.

For sure, I seen a leak that said the fat system from GTA SA is coming back. I'd expect a LOT of details like that with a dev team of this size and the budget like whatever the GTA equivalent of shrinking horse testicles is, idk, real time nipple hardening or something.