By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Astro-Bot or Zelda EoW? Clash of the 2024 September Titans

Which will sell more? Which will perform better with critics?

Astro Bot (Sales & Critical Reception) 19 22.35%

Zelda (Sales & Critical Reception) 29 34.12%

Astro Bot (Sales), Zelda (Critical Reception) 3 3.53%

Astro Bot (Critical Reception), Zelda (Sales) 34 40.00%

Total:85

I'm very much looking forward to playing both games. I'm leaning Zelda just because it's more established where Astro Bot doesn't have the track record being a free pack in game on PS5 and a vr game where there wasn't a big install base.

Around the Network

Astrobot won't be a huge seller, because it doesn't appeal to the majority of PS demgraphics. It looks amazing and super fresh though.

Zelda for sales, Astrobot for critical reception.

I would like to say Astrobot, but Sony just fails to deliver every time they try something more “silly” so to speak. Little big planet was such a failure of a game/franchise.

Last edited by Valdney - on 15 August 2024

Kyuu said:

What's up with AstroBot's overestimation on VGChartz? This game is not going to sell better than a Zel(duh), probably not even better than Zeda remaster. 4 million copies tops, 2-3 million more likely, under 2 million is a possibility too.

I voted Astro (reception) Zelda (sales). But good chance Zelda wins both.

I would love for AstroBot to do huge numbers as much as I would have loved Shadow of the Colossus to sell like a Sony AAA game. But only a small part of the Playstation playerbase is into this kind of game. Even on Nintendo systems, it won't be easy for a niche platformer to sell several million copies.

Last but not least, PS5 is clearly losing hype to PC.

Hopefully I'm wrong and you guys can make fun of me later!

Pretty much that ^

I do not understand why people are even considering AstroBot as a fair competitor (in any way) to anything Zelda-related, to be honest.
AstroBot does not look bad at all, and I think it will do well, but not even close to Zelda EOW.

My vote goes for Zelda on both front.

I will vote Astro Bot to win reception and sales

Around the Network

Well 54% of the poll had Zelda winning critical reception but a metascore of 94 is going to be very hard to match.

I could see Astro Bot selling more. Astro Bot is a game that seems like the kind of thing that only Nintendo makes (at least at high quality), but it's on Playstation. Could be a lot of interest in it because its so different than the realistic style action games that fan base is used to getting. It looks like 3D Mario for Playstation. I just read a review that Astrobot is only like 10 hours long, and 15 hours to 100%, so it is a pretty disappointingly short game compared to something like Odyssey whose length was multiples of that, but still it stands out on Playstation.

Zelda on the other hand is cool but I'm not sure how big the audience for a non-fighting 2D Zelda game is, I'm personally not sold on it yet and I was reallllyyyy hoping for a new 2D Zelda game on Switch. Over 5 million sales for sure, but I doubt it'll hit 10 million. It's also at the end of the Switch's life, which yes provides a huge userbase but also means a lot fewer people are buying the system brand new and looking for the latest game, and plenty of people are probably just waiting for next gen and pretty much done buying Switch games. But I have no idea if Astrobot will hit 5-10 million either, since it is so different from the type of game that audience has gotten used to buying.

Astro bot will sell more, I don't see Zelda breaking 95 opencritic either.

For Zelda to beat Astro in reception, it needed to hit the high end of my prediction vs the low end of my Astro prediction. So I no longer see it as a decent possibility.

Sales wise I didn't think Astro had a chance, but now I'm less confident. Still going for Zelda if we're not combining all hypothetical AstroBot versions, but I would love to be surprised.

AstroBot has a massive potential if it gets ported to Switch with Mario skins or a playable Mario! I think Astro X Nintendo collabs are coming sooner or later.

At this point I think astrobot may win both. Did not expect it to score that high.