By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Myth Wukong: Review Thread

G2ThaUNiT said:

The games PC benchmark tool peaked at 85K players several hours ago. For just a benchmark lol! Proper next gen or not, we may be looking at the next major game of the year.

It's definitely hyped for sure but there's a risk of it being a Cyberpunk/No man's sky situation. I don't think players know what the game actually is yet and are hyped off of expectation. 

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

The games PC benchmark tool peaked at 85K players several hours ago. For just a benchmark lol! Proper next gen or not, we may be looking at the next major game of the year.

It's definitely hyped for sure but there's a risk of it being a Cyberpunk/No man's sky situation. I don't think players know what the game actually is yet and are hyped off of expectation. 

True, but the developers of Cyberpunk/No Man's Sky themselves were hyping up their games for years prior to launch that they were going to change gaming forever and then players found out the hard way the devs were full of shit but were able to build their own redemption arcs. Wukong devs at least have for the most part, kept quiet and let their work speak for themselves to build up the hype for the game. 

Of course, doesn't automatically mean the game will be good, but at least the hype around the game is being built on letting the general marketing speak for itself rather than the studio running their mouths that Wukong is going to be the greatest game ever lol

LegitHyperbole said:

I can't see how it's a leap over this, aside from the transformations...

As good as SB looks. It's UE4 and in the open areas some cliff textures and such can look a bit rough. 

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

LegitHyperbole said:

yea this really strikes a good balance for ps5. While  technically wukong looks like it's doing much more  graphically. This will probably end up overall looking better on ps5 cause its so well optimized, while wukong will probably have image quality problems and not stable 60fps.

I have to say that ass is distracting for me while i'm gaming, lol.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 13 August 2024

Leynos said:
LegitHyperbole said:

As good as SB looks. It's UE4 and in the open areas some cliff textures and such can look a bit rough. 

Ah right, I haven't played but I was talking more about the animations, Combat and style of the game. What exactly is Wo Kong doing differently and why is it so ambitious as was said in this thread  

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:
LegitHyperbole said:

True, but the developers of Cyberpunk/No Man's Sky themselves were hyping up their games for years prior to launch that they were going to change gaming forever and then players found out the hard way the devs were full of shit but were able to build their own redemption arcs. Wukong devs at least have for the most part, kept quiet and let their work speak for themselves to build up the hype for the game. 

Of course, doesn't automatically mean the game will be good, but at least the hype around the game is being built on letting the general marketing speak for itself rather than the studio running their mouths that Wukong is going to be the greatest game ever lol

They don't need to run their mouths about it, just explain it. I feel sunce they haven't done a trailer where they narrate over and tell us what's happening (especially important for us English speaking people) on screen they're afraid to loose the hype and expectations players have. I' not saying they are knowingly gonna sell BS but more so that they aren't confident in the game. This is what confidence in marketing a game looks like...

LegitHyperbole said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

They don't need to run their mouths about it, just explain it. I feel sunce they haven't done a trailer where they narrate over and tell us what's happening (especially important for us English speaking people) on screen they're afraid to loose the hype and expectations players have. I' not saying they are knowingly gonna sell BS but more so that they aren't confident in the game. This is what confidence in marketing a game looks like...

That's fair, but at the same time, they're an indie studio that's self-publishing the game. We don't know what kind of marketing budget they're working with. It's not like Metaphor that has the might of Atlus/Sega to provide a proper marketing budget. And they've made it clear they don't have any kind of platform contract with Sony that would provide additional funds.

I'm certainly skeptical of the game myself delivering as advertised, but I try to be understanding on the restraints an indie studio releasing their first title may have. Investments for studios with ambitions like this primarily only ever get enough funding to make the game itself. Marketing is a completely separate budget to where available finances will start to wear thin by the time the game is close to completion. Part of the marketing budget may be coming from pre-orders over the past couple of months for all we know.

I really want a stellar blade PC release. Looks super fun.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

G2ThaUNiT said:
LegitHyperbole said:

That's fair, but at the same time, they're an indie studio that's self-publishing the game. We don't know what kind of marketing budget they're working with. It's not like Metaphor that has the might of Atlus/Sega to provide a proper marketing budget. And they've made it clear they don't have any kind of platform contract with Sony that would provide additional funds.

I'm certainly skeptical of the game myself delivering as advertised, but I try to be understanding on the restraints an indie studio releasing their first title may have. Investments for studios with ambitions like this primarily only ever get enough funding to make the game itself. Marketing is a completely separate budget to where available finances will start to wear thin by the time the game is close to completion. Part of the marketing budget may be coming from pre-orders over the past couple of months for all we know.

Yeah, I suppose so. Odd that no publisher picked them up. 

This video is really cool and wow the variety in the game is pretty damn insane. you turn into like a million differnet  things even a tree, and splinter from ninja turtles.