By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Myth Wukong: Review Thread

LegitHyperbole said:
zeldaring said:

You vastly prefer cartoony but yea it does look beautiful. Graphics have gotten so good now that's it's coming to down to art style. I mean you still think wind waker is the most beautiful game ever which is crazy to me.

He has a point though, Wind waker is a marvel. The way it has held up all this time but a launch, no-one even tool notice of how good it looked preferring PS2 realism at the time yet all those games that looked better aged like milk compared. 

Rachet already hit the Pixar quality in real time. Can't wait to see what Rift apart looks like without YouTube compression. 

It held up nicely, but it way too dated for my tastes to be anywhere near the best looking game of all time. Like say if you watch botw with graphical mods and 4k that's a respectable choice for me.

Around the Network

I think the developers should send IGN a check or at least a Thank You card. I have no doubt their little hit piece helped bring a ton of attention and support to the game. It went from something I'd never heard of before to having literally dozens of videos about the controversy on Youtube.

It was a perfect storm.

Chrkeller said:

Best looking ps5 game is Rachet at 120 hz.

To me demon's souls is the best looking ps5 game

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:
Chrkeller said:

Yep. The reveal trailers for Demon's Souls and Horizon Forbidden West are basically the only two things that really gave me that next-gen feeling. Even though HFW is cross-gen lol. They look stunning. Most other things just look like PS4 games but running at a much higher resolution. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

pokoko said:

I think the developers should send IGN a check or at least a Thank You card. I have no doubt their little hit piece helped bring a ton of attention and support to the game. It went from something I'd never heard of before to having literally dozens of videos about the controversy on Youtube.

It was a perfect storm.

I doubt their poorly translated article made much of a difference. The game was going to be very very massive in China regardless and it was bound to draw attention solely because of that.

Zippy6 said:

Yep. The reveal trailers for Demon's Souls and Horizon Forbidden West are basically the only two things that really gave me that next-gen feeling. Even though HFW is cross-gen lol. They look stunning. Most other things just look like PS4 games but running at a much higher resolution. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

That's the difference between games using a dedicated engine branch vs. multiplats using cross-gen licensed ones.

I suppose once UE5 becomes commonplace we'll see more graphically impressive games like Black Myth on the PS5, at the cost of it being ~ 1080p if you want 60 fps (unless it's something carefully developed for the platform like exclusive titles).

Around the Network

It's been out now for 12 hours and I can't find the Internet general response to it. Anyone here playing?

Game of the year contender.

The games media keep screwing their credibility over. I can't even take them with a grain of salt anymore. They're a joke. 

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:
Chrkeller said:

I won't argue against that.  Both Rift and Demon are stunning.  Kind of sad two early titles are still the best looking.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

LegitHyperbole said:

The games media keep screwing their credibility over. I can't even take them with a grain of salt anymore. They're a joke. 

Yep they're completely out of touch with what the general gamer cares about. They live in their own bubble, like a lot of online gaming culture. A lot of the time more concerned with their personal politics than if the game is... fun.