By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One

PlayStation 4 or Xbox One?

PS4 34 80.95%

Xbox One 5 11.90%

Tie 1 2.38%

Neither 2 4.76%

Total:42

These consoles will be 11 years old in less than four months and it's more than fair to compare them. Xbox One bit the dust back in late 2020, and PS4 will likely be discontinued this year or next. 

PS4 is the second best-selling PlayStation console ever (it could be surpassed by PS5, but will likely stay ahead by a few million), and Xbox One looks to hold on to its title of second best-selling Xbox ever given a successor to the Series X/S is already in development and the Xbox brand is hurting. 

You can feel free to make your ultimate selection based on any factors you desire. If you want to break down which you prefer about each console, you can do that as well.

You can also feel free to compare PS4 Pro vs. Xbox One X, or even the standard and slimline models. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

PS4 because it has a lot of games and playstation is widely popular in my area.

Check this Game  Flip Runner

There is not even a competition there.

Microsoft's most bland and tasteless Xbox system against a great Playstation system...

There is no Xbox that can beat a Playstation.

PS4 is better, but I really don't think the Xbox One is bad by any means. I'm happy with my Xbox One S.

PS4 has a lot of heavy hitter exclusives: God of War (2018), Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us Part 2, Uncharted 4, Spider-Man, Infamous Second Son, Little Big Planet 3, Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Guardian, etc.

I think the exclusive library is a step down from the PS1, PS2, and PS3, but it's still really good.

The Xbox One is more hit and miss with its exclusives. Halo The Master Chief Collection had a rough launch, but it's great now, and Rare Replay is another amazing compilation. Sea of Thieves is arguably the best new game Rare has made since being acquired by Microsoft. Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break are both pretty good, and I'll vouch for Ryse being overlooked. Halo 5 is good but not great as are Gears 4 and 5. Forza Horizon really took off on Xbox One.

The Xbox One is a definite step down from the original Xbox and Xbox 360, and I think it's comparable to the Wii U in that it has a handful of great exclusives but hard to justify buying for most people over a PS4.

Xbox one for sure. It had some of the best exclusives in forza, gears and halo

Around the Network

PS4 easily.

I have 112 physical games for PS4.

6 for Xbox One.

Xbox One is devoid of great exclusives for the most part. I only found 6 worth playing. PS4 it's not just exclusive but the Japanese support big and small. LRG games. Imports.

Last edited by Leynos - on 25 July 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Neither.

Because.

Compared to 7th gen, both offerings were fairly bland in terms of new and unique experiences... Heck a chunk of the best selling 8th gen games were 7th gen titles originally anyway like GTA 5 and Minecraft.

Xbox had the technology edge with the Xbox One X, which is still holding it's own against current generation consoles like the Xbox Series S... And had backwards compatibility.

Sony had the edge in terms of exclusive games quality, even if the number of them was a step down from previous console generations, which also seems to have reduced again with the PS5 again... It was still leagues better than Xbox.

Personally a fairly uninspiring generation for me.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

ps4 by 100 miles, GOW 2018 was one the best games ever. Then you have nioh, GOT, last of us 2, and spider man were also great games, the ps4 was the much better hardware, and when X came out it was way too late. Bloodborn is also the GOAT.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 26 July 2024

ekbok noo

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.