By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2024 US Presidential Election

LegitHyperbole said:

Did I say something wrong? I didn't intend to. It seems to be Harris that gets the position, I was wrong. 

Your first comment didn't imply that Obama was going to find someone to endorse, it made it sound conspiratorial like Obama was single handedly controlling the DNC or something along those lines.

Especially when a large chunk of the party had already endorsed Harris.  

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 23 July 2024

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Did I say something wrong? I didn't intend to. It seems to be Harris that gets the position, I was wrong. 

Your first comment didn't imply that Obama was going to find someone to endorse, it made it sound conspiratorial like Obama was single handedly controlling the DNC or something along those lines.

Especially when a large chunk of the party had already endorsed Harris.  

I apologise if it seemed that way, I should have elaborated more. I don't know what to believe anymore, the Internet was a mistake when it comes to politics. 

APerfectCircle said:

If Harris wins are country is screwed border will be destroyed the world will take advantage of Harris a women leading a country not a fan of and Russia China and North Korea will laugh at us and watch America crumble

-moderated by the-pi-guy-

You're nuttier than squirrel shit.

Anyway, Bring on Harris for 47. Better than senile Biden or fascist cult.

Last edited by Leynos - on 23 July 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

TallSilhouette said:

I'm relieved to see the enthusiasm and unity around the endorsement of Kamala Harris. It's been a tough few weeks for the American left and we certainly needed a break. I hope this enthusiasm is reflected in the polls going forward. Things remaining this close for the next few months would not be good for my health.

I bring good news: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-s-losing-election-poll-for-first-time-in-over-a-month/ar-BB1qvjnX?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=ed742f9444fc4656905c49650153dbb4&ei=28

"Donald Trump's Losing Election Poll for First Time in Over a Month"

burninmylight said:
TallSilhouette said:

I'm relieved to see the enthusiasm and unity around the endorsement of Kamala Harris. It's been a tough few weeks for the American left and we certainly needed a break. I hope this enthusiasm is reflected in the polls going forward. Things remaining this close for the next few months would not be good for my health.

I bring good news: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-s-losing-election-poll-for-first-time-in-over-a-month/ar-BB1qvjnX?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=ed742f9444fc4656905c49650153dbb4&ei=28

Will be interesting to see how polling trends over the coming weeks. On one hand, some of the boost could be from the initial hype and goes back down once it settles. On the other hand, her campaign hasn’t even truly begun so we could see her lead grow as it starts to take off.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
TallSilhouette said:

I don’t trust polls. VOTE.

I will say it is amazing how the energy has changed so quickly. It also feels like most of the grumpy left is hyped too, which I don't think has ever really happened for the general election.

It is almost like voters think candidates should be cognitively aware and not be old enough to die of natural causes any day. The small expectations in life.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

It is almost like voters think candidates should be cognitively aware and not be old enough to die of natural causes any day. The small expectations in life.

Yep, I also think this reinforces my previous argument that it’s not democratic policies that people were against, Joe Biden himself was the issue.

Kamala should be able to communicate the accomplishments of the last few years and future goals in a significantly more coherent way.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Chrkeller said:

Yep, I also think this reinforces my previous argument that it’s not democratic policies that people were against, Joe Biden himself was the issue.

Kamala should be able to communicate the accomplishments of the last few years and future goals in a significantly more coherent way.

So, the problem was not the message, it was with the messenger.  So, get a new messenger, and problem solved.  Can't wait for that first Harris-Trump debate.