By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emio - The Smiling Man: Famicom Detective Club releases August 29th

The mystery of the smiling man as yet to be solved but we finally get the first teaser trailer for the newest entry in 30th years for the Famicom Detective Club series !

The series producer and writer Yoshio Sakamoto (known for his work on the Metroid series) has spearheaded the project after the release of the remakes a few years back. 

Seems like with the M-rating the game has quite the tale to go for ...

Here's the small talk he gives, in the link(can't post it on my phone, unless someone wants to do it in the comments?)

https://t.co/xDi6YvDGnA

The game will release on August 29th for 49.99$ and with physical copy available in all regions ! 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

Failed post

Very interesting.

Meh. Was hoping for something different.

Another game I'll probably never buy due to insane back catalog pricing:

Around the Network
Conina said:

Another game I'll probably never buy due to insane back catalog pricing:

I mean, I don't understand how they never did with these two games while the rest of their catalog went through with at least 20%-30% sales from time to time.

But at least now they sure have a good excuse as any to do it now, before it releases.

Nonetheless, they are high quality Adventure/VN games, with a slight jank from the Famicom. Worth experiencing. 

At worse get the Girl Who Stands Behind alone since it's the first in the timeline and the most refined of the two and has the best story.

I was partly hoping for a survival horror game, but a scary mystery game is good too. :)

Is this the longest ever gap between new releases for a Nintendo IP? 35 years is insane.

Glad to see Emio is getting a physical release. It's on my radar for an eventual purchase.

ALinkInTime said:

Is this the longest ever gap between new releases for a Nintendo IP? 35 years is insane.

Glad to see Emio is getting a physical release. It's on my radar for an eventual purchase.

I think the closest competitor is arguably Nintendo World Championship at 34 years, if you count the 1990 limited release.

Also, a few others stand out:

• 22 Years - Pokemon Snap (1999 to 2021)
  • 21 Years - Kid Icarus (1991 to 2012)
  • 18 Years - Metroid Prime (2007 to 2025), X (1992 to 2010)
  • 17 Years - 2D Metroid
  • 16 Years - Excite (1984 to 2000)
  • 15 Years - Clubhouse Games (2005 to 2020), Mario Strikers (2007 to 2022), Pilotwings (1996 to 2011), Punch-Out (1994 to 2009)

The way the title is setup to include the FTD part tells me they prolly want this game to be approachable for anyone despite the two previous games.

Sure would be fun if they want back and added multi language translations for the first two games