By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Senua's Bomba: Hellblade 2 Fails To Chart Even In Europe's Top 100

In Ninja Theory's defence, this more of less launched the graphical benchmark for next gen and was used to show off the Xbox Series' power and create hype for the mahcine. It's value to MS exists beyond just isolate sales...

Now where it's sales are concerned, a game of this nature shouldn't be hyped and teased for 3 straight years as it's obviously going to be a relatively niche experience. Across all metrics I think interest just died over time because it's clear there isn't much to show beyond what we originally saw. None the less its clear MS hasn't curated an audience for this kind of experience and a game of this nature would do much better on Playstation. The asking price however would probably need to be closer to $40 because again it lacks the variety and scope seen in Playstation's efforts like Detroit etc

How is it doing on Gamepass? 

Last edited by Otter - 2 days ago

Around the Network
Otter said:

In Ninja Theory's defence, this more of less launched the graphical benchmark for next gen and was used to show off the Xbox Series' power and create hype for the mahcine. It's value to MS exists beyond just isolate sales...

Now where it's sales are concerned, a game of this nature shouldn't be hyped and teased for 3 straight years and it's obviously going to be a relatively niche experience. Across all metrics I think interest just died over time because it's inherently there much to show beyond what we originally saw. None the less its clear MS hasn't curated an audience for this kind of experience and a game of this kind would do much better on Playstation. The asking price however would probably need to be closer to $40 because again it lacks the variety and scope seen in Playstation efforts like Detroit etc

How is it doing on Gamepass? 

If adding a shit ton more Chromatic Aberration is the mark of next-gen then fuck next-gen. Realism is dull as shit. They focused entirely on visuals and as usual NT games play like shit. So basically they made a tech demo you pay for. Cool. Matrix was free.

Realism is dull as shit is laughable take for me. Go look at the some of the most beautiful places in the world it sure doesn't look dull as shit. Red Dead 2 looks better then any anime or cartoony game by miles, and i do think anime and cartoony games look good btw,

LivncA_Dis3 said:

Ninja theory is next in the chopping blocks,

7 years to make a crappy short less than 6 hours game and a forgettable dumpster fire of a multiplayer

The crazy thing is Microsoft only purchased Ninja Theory as a jab to Sony.  Microsoft approach to gaming has to be more than just public display of grievances against Sony for not putting window in the PS2.  This mentality has trickled down to the fanbase and informs most of the back and forth we see online.  Microsoft's future in the gaming industry must be defined by more than just their jealousy of Sony.  This is how they will find the success they are looking for.  Please don't close Ninja Theory!

zeldaring said:

Realism is dull as shit is laughable take for me. Go look at the some of the most beautiful places in the world it sure doesn't look dull as shit. Red Dead 2 looks better then any anime or cartoony game by miles, and i do think anime and cartoony games look good btw,

Hellblade 2 is not about realism.  What sets it apart graphicly isn't its take on realism but rather the about of detail that UE5 can push at a single time.  Anyone claiming that Hellblade is 'realistic' needs to go outside and experience reality. 

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
zeldaring said:

Hellblade 2 is not about realism.  What sets it apart graphicly isn't its take on realism but rather the about of detail that UE5 can push at a single time.  Anyone claiming that Hellblade is 'realistic' needs to go outside and experience reality. 

It doesn't matter for these type of people even stylized realistic is bad. 

*Deleted*

Last edited by curl-6 - 3 days ago

It bombed... and hard

No matter what people are saying that is Niche and that is on GP, the game would cost around $80m

Short game with not a lot of gameplay. The concept looks cool, but there are better games to play now, plus being on GamePass, no one should be surprised by this news.

It should have been a launch title, given it is a tech demo. Launching a tech demo 3 years into this generation's life is silly.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED