By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I just purchased an RTX

High/Ultra settings are overrated anyway, developers don't make separate assets for those higher settings for the most part because it's expensive to make completely different assets just for different settings.

Even "Low" settings these days have most of the same assets as much higher settings do. "Low" settings is more like what medium settings used to be. A 3050 will do fine for modern games especially those that have DLSS support. I probably would have preferred 8GB instead of 6GB but performance wise a 3050 is fine. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 07 June 2024

Around the Network

Probably would have been better off buying the outgoing Radeon 6600 8GB for the same price (In Australia)... It can offer 40-70% more performance.
Yes it's AMD, buy who cares if you get more for your buck.

If GPU's are expensive where you are and you are limited with your budget, then shop around.

Either way, hope you enjoy your purchase, may all your games be good ones.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
JRPGfan said:

Isn't that way overpriced? I thought its new store price was like 160-170$.

You have no idea how much they charge for a RTX3090 or a RTX4090 around here.

Don't think about that too much. it's not like a regular person in Brazil can afford it.

The price differnce is that big? Why are things that much more expensive in brazil?

I'm haveing a hard time finding a new 3090 anywhere.... old sites with outdated prices only... a 4090 is about 1620$ here (13,000+ dkk).
How much is one in brazil?  I find 13,000+ dkk on a GPU too expensive as well, like I'm not paying that, even if I easily could (thats like, just abit more than I can save up in 2 months time). So while I could justify putting aside 2 months of saveing from work, thats just too much to pay for a gpu, imo.

I think a GPU should be around  ~350 - 400$.  (so that would limit me to either 7700 xt or 4060 ti)

Im not spending more than that on a gpu.
I'm a cheap bastard.... I usually wait and buy games on sales too.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 08 June 2024

JRPGfan said:

The price differnce is that big? Why are things that much more expensive in brazil?

I'm haveing a hard time finding a new 3090 anywhere.... old sites with outdated prices only... a 4090 is about 1620$ here (13,000+ dkk).
How much is one in brazil?  I find 13,000+ dkk on a GPU too expensive as well, like I'm not paying that, even if I easily could (thats like, just abit more than I can save up in 2 months time). So while I could justify putting aside 2 months of saveing from work, thats just too much to pay for a gpu, imo.

I think a GPU should be around  ~350 - 400$.  (7700 xt, 4060 ti)

Honestly, for most people... There is very little reason to step up beyond the mid-range anyway.
You are better off simply upgrading a little more often in the long term.

I don't buy high-end GPU's anymore, I invest big in my CPU, Ram, Motherboard and other components instead... Which ultimately last longer. - GPU prices are just crap to warrant buying high-end anymore.

Pemalite said:
JRPGfan said:

I think a GPU should be around  ~350 - 400$.  (7700 xt, 4060 ti)

Honestly, for most people... There is very little reason to step up beyond the mid-range anyway.

I don't buy high-end GPU's anymore, I invest big in my CPU, Ram, Motherboard and other components instead... Which ultimately last longer. - GPU prices are just crap to warrant buying high-end anymore.

If POE 2 is more demanding than the first game... I might have a reason to upgrade.
Your thinking is very much so inline with my own.  Like ff14 and POE, are the majority of my playtime, not exactly super demanding games.

Im thinking if I have to do a upg again, this time I wont go cheap on CPU/Ram, but instead get something that'll then last.

Around the Network

Update on your experience with it?

^^

LegitHyperbole said:

Update on your experience with it?

I will. But like I said, I won't install it right now, since my RIG still need some adjustments.

Show us your cable management, mine is a mess lol (when you open the rear panel)

JRPGfan said:
Pemalite said:

If POE 2 is more demanding than the first game... I might have a reason to upgrade.
Your thinking is very much so inline with my own.  Like ff14 and POE, are the majority of my playtime, not exactly super demanding games.

Im thinking if I have to do a upg again, this time I wont go cheap on CPU/Ram, but instead get something that'll then last.

I mean... I have a Ryzen 5950X and 128GB of DDR4 3600Mhz Ram... Paired with a piddly Radeon 6600XT powering a 32", 144hz, 1440P panel and it does fine.
I'll upgrade to the 8600XT when it drops, but honestly I am in no rush unless the 7900GRE drops to a lower price point.

See what happens during the financial year sale season I guess...

Otherwise I will probably upgrade to the Ryzen 9950X and 128GB of DDR5 before I upgrade the GPU again.

To be fair I am also not gaming as much as I used to and the games I do play tend to be older titles, but I do a ton of work doing transcoding, encoding, 3D modelling for the 3D printer, compiling code, so I can use all the RAM and CPU I can get.