By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor/Leak for specific RAM and storage capacity of the Switch sucessor (Centro Leak)

Doctor_MG said:
Pemalite said:

As above... It is certainly memory hungry for the "work" and features the OS has. Which isn't a lot... And it still ends up being slow on top of it.

Completely disagree here. Switch OS is snappy, and I actually can't understand how anyone would think otherwise. It's certainly faster than the Wii U, and even faster than the PS4 for certain tasks, such as going to the home screen mid game or switching profiles. 

The Nintendo eShop is the slow thing, not the OS in general.

Yep. As much I thought ideas like Miiverse were neat ... if you're going to put RAM into a video game console, the RAM should be for games first and foremost. 

The Switch OS does everything it needs to do and does it fast enough, honestly I wouldn't mind if Nintendo just reused the exact same OS but just made it faster due to being on UFS 3.1 (way faster than EMMC) and kept the foot print at only around 1GB of RAM usage total but they'll probably allow it to have 2GB this time around. 

I don't need or want to see commercials on my OS or what's new on Netflix or breaking news or any of that shit, just show me my games and let easily select what I want to play or get into settings or eShop. Sony/MS both failed to do that whole "center of your entertainment universe!" idea, face it the smartphone (Apple and Samsung/Google) won that by ten country miles. 

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

So what do we think launch titles will be? I am guessing Mario Kart 9 with a 3D Mario a few months later. I am also expecting/thinking a 1440p/60fps Breath and Tears, question is if that will be upscaled via BC or require re-buying the entire games. Knowing Nintendo it will be a re-buy.

-Smash - the question is whether it will feel like an expansion of Smash Ultimate or scaled back game with less fighters, namely guests. I never want fewer playable characters, but Sakurai has indicated in the past that we should expect less next time around.

-Tears of the Kingdom fully optimized for the Switch 2 with DLC built in. Said DLC will be a paid option on Switch 1. Doesn't matter if you own it on Switch, you're buying it again at full price if you want it on Switch 2 (a big reason why I don't yet have it myself).

-Something akin to Nintendo Land, Nintendogs, Switch Sports or 1, 2 Switch to capture the mass market. If there is a new gimmick concept that is used to sell the system, then a brand new IP that is built around it, or one of the above games that will really emphasize it.

-Street Fighter 6, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Monster Hunter Rise + Sunbreak, Elder Scrolls 6, Tekken, and whatever the latest Assassin's Creed is, all with their respective DLC included. And FIFA

-Mario Tennis or Mario Soccer, with the return of storymode and RPG elements like the ones on GBC and GBA

burninmylight said:
Chrkeller said:

So what do we think launch titles will be? I am guessing Mario Kart 9 with a 3D Mario a few months later. I am also expecting/thinking a 1440p/60fps Breath and Tears, question is if that will be upscaled via BC or require re-buying the entire games. Knowing Nintendo it will be a re-buy.

-Smash - the question is whether it will feel like an expansion of Smash Ultimate or scaled back game with less fighters, namely guests. I never want fewer playable characters, but Sakurai has indicated in the past that we should expect less next time around.

-Tears of the Kingdom fully optimized for the Switch 2 with DLC built in. Said DLC will be a paid option on Switch 1. Doesn't matter if you own it on Switch, you're buying it again at full price if you want it on Switch 2 (a big reason why I don't yet have it myself).

-Something akin to Nintendo Land, Nintendogs, Switch Sports or 1, 2 Switch to capture the mass market. If there is a new gimmick concept that is used to sell the system, then a brand new IP that is built around it, or one of the above games that will really emphasize it.

-Street Fighter 6, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Monster Hunter Rise + Sunbreak, Elder Scrolls 6, Tekken, and whatever the latest Assassin's Creed is, all with their respective DLC included. And FIFA

-Mario Tennis or Mario Soccer, with the return of storymode and RPG elements like the ones on GBC and GBA

A RE4 port is likely and would be interesting.  Since RE4 is on everything that would serve as a good benchmark.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

When you think about what Monolith was able to achieve on Wii with 66MB of usable RAM with Xenoblade. 1GB on Wii U with Xenoblade X and 3GB for Xenoblade 3 on Switch. It should be insane to see them work with 9-10GB of RAM.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Chrkeller said:

1st part wise I think something like this. 

Launch Day: (Spring)
Metroid Prime 4,
Pokemon ZA (Cross gen).
New IP (NintendoLand/Nintendo Switch Sports esque)

Summer and owards:
Mario Kart 9
A 3rd party Zelda Remake (Ocarina? 4 Swords?)
New 3D Mario
New IP

I'm hoping that they don't invest in a full BOTW/TOTK remaster. I think the native apps just running at higher res, 60fps is enough. I think we desperately need a revisit of more linear Zelda.

Last edited by Otter - on 11 May 2024

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
Chrkeller said:

There where a couple of Wii U Deluxe versions early in the Switch life cycle, but that was also because Switch was not backwards compatible.

I cannot remember Nintendo launching Deluxe versions or ports of older games within any other System's launch window when it was backwards compatible. Assuming the Switch is backwards compatible, I'm therefore assuming we will not get Deluxe versions or ports of Switch games at least not in the first year. I am guessing the following games:

-Mario 3D, featuring Donkey Kong. This would be a nice twist on the 3D Mario formula, combining it with a playable DK. Launchgame.

-Show off 'Gimmick' Game. Essentially a smaller tech demo kind of game at launch. Possibly included with the system depending on how much higher Switch2 price point will be.

-Casual 'Gimmick' Game. Most likely multiplayer focused. Could be new entry in Mario Party series released during holidays.

-New Mario Kart ????. Likely a new take. Probably Summer.

-Splatoon4. Yes sounds early, but Splatoon2 followed the first entry really quick. I think they keep this cadence to keep momentum of the series strong. Launch in Fall.

-Elden Ring port to impress (like Skyrim did with Switch) hard core gamers. Possibly Armored Core6.

-Lot's of Capcom (Streetfighter6, RE Remakes, Monster Hunter Wilds, that dinosaur game)

-Good Ubisoft support in 1/2 half of launch window. Probably Assasin's Creed & some family friendly game.

-Microsoft's Sea of Thieves and Call of Duty

I hope 12 GB of RAM is true, that would mean at least 10 GB for games (2 GB for OS is probably overkill)

Otter said:
Chrkeller said:

1st part wise I think something like this. 

Launch Day: (Spring)
Metroid Prime 4,
Pokemon ZA (Cross gen).
New IP (NintendoLand/Nintendo Switch Sports esque)

Summer and owards:
Mario Kart 9
A 3rd party Zelda Remake (Ocarina? 4 Swords?)
New 3D Mario
New IP

I'm hoping that they don't invest in a full BOTW/TOTK remaster. I think the native apps just running at higher res, 60fps is enough. I think we desperately need a revisit of more linear Zelda.

I really hope Prime 4 development is going well.  Maybe a port of WWHD at 1440p/60fps?  That would be splendid.  

BC with some upscaling would be great but doesn't seem like Nintendo and their style.  They don't give much away for free.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Leynos said:

When you think about what Monolith was able to achieve on Wii with 66MB of usable RAM with Xenoblade. 1GB on Wii U with Xenoblade X and 3GB for Xenoblade 3 on Switch. It should be insane to see them work with 9-10GB of RAM.

Just imagine what Game Freak will be able to do with Pokemon.  The next games could look at good as ps3/wii u games!

Probably a long way off but I'm most excited about a possible Luigi's Mansion 4.  The S2 should have dramatically better lighting and particles than the Switch.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Leynos said:

Yeah given what we've seen Nintendo and their partners achieve on the Switch with games like Tears of the Kingdom, Luigi's Mansion 3, Metroid Prime Remastered, Mario Odyssey, etc, I can't wait to see what they can accomplish with far more resources.

12GB would be a great result for a Switch successor, and in fact a bigger leap in RAM than PS4 to PS5 or Xbox One to Xbox Series. I was honestly kinda worried we'd get 8GB in a bid to reduce costs.