By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor/Leak for specific RAM and storage capacity of the Switch sucessor (Centro Leak)

zeldaring said:
eleazar0425 said:

You are delusional if you think this was doable in mid-2023. The Orin chips launched in 2023, and you would usually need a couple of years of hardware research and development. That's why switch one used a 2015 SOC in 2017, and switch two will use a 2023 SOC in 2025.

yea i'm delusional and so was everyone on the web, you realize it's almost the same damn chip as a  RTX 2050. it was all but confirmed and even DF said nintendo cancelled the pro.

Someone already said this, but If the pro existed you have to assume it didn't use this chip, because that wouldn't make any sense. 

Around the Network

probbaly

Norion said:
zeldaring said:

This comparison again doesn't make sense. we are talking about what's doable  a 8nm t239 was doable for a pro version in mid 2023 and could have been profitable the ps5 and x series were sold at a loss comparing them to 2000$ PC Makes no sense in terms of what's in the box and for the price they are as top of the line as they could be in 2020 it's as simple as that.

For the price the PS5 and Series X were as good as they could be yeah but if they were more expensive they could've been more capable but the three console makers don't release high-end consoles. Expecting only Nintendo to do that makes no sense.

you do realize that  RTX 2050 is not top of line in 2023, its all comes down to price and what's achievable with price in 2023 a pro version was doable sure it would be top end for handheld but nintendo is basically the market for handheld gaming. these companies making handhelds are  not even doing 10 million life times sales, while PC is massive market is the comparison is  moot.

eleazar0425 said:
zeldaring said:

yea i'm delusional and so was everyone on the web, you realize it's almost the same damn chip as a  RTX 2050. it was all but confirmed and even DF said nintendo cancelled the pro.

Someone already said this, but If the pro existed you have to assume it didn't use this chip, because that wouldn't make any sense. 

No one ever brought up that argument we got the steam deck in 2020 and a 2x jump 2 years later is not crazy at all from a company w making insane profits and selling 100 million plus units. come on no one saw the pro specs in 2022 and said this is not possible, never heard that argument till now.

zeldaring said:
Norion said:

For the price the PS5 and Series X were as good as they could be yeah but if they were more expensive they could've been more capable but the three console makers don't release high-end consoles. Expecting only Nintendo to do that makes no sense.

you do realize that  RTX 2050 is not top of line in 2023, its all comes down to price and what's achievable with price in 2023 a pro version was doable sure it would be top end for handheld but nintendo is basically the market for handheld gaming. these companies making handhelds are  not even doing 10 million life times sales, while PC is massive market is the comparison is  moot.

Exactly, it would've been top end so would be a bad business move since the increased price and poor battery life would reduce sales. Also the Steam Deck was 2022, not 2020.

Switch Pro was confirmed by my uncle at Nintendo It was could to be the TNNSHATR239. The New Nintendo Switch Hyper Alpha Turbo Remix. It had a 14-inch screen, 64Tflops 128GB of Ram. 16CPU cores. 8 Hyper thread cores. A new 4K F-Zero.  ELite controllers. 200GB carts. Voice chat functionality. A cup holder. Parkour ability. A Fleshlight and 9-inch dildo modeled after Miyamoto's dong. But it wasn't impressive enough for Zeldaring on VGchartz so it was cancelled.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

One thing to consider is that even if you could release the Switch Pro for a slight profit in 2023 that screws up your Switch 2 schedule. What would you release in 2025 when people need a new platform but there isn't new hardware ready? The Switch Pro had to release in 2020-2022 for it to make sense, in my opinion. 

I think Nintendo made the right decision. Use the savings on using the T239 chipset in 2025 for a VRR display (*crossing fingers*), higher capacity/bandwidth ram, and better cooling. That would have more impact on actual experiential performance than upgrading to a newer, but far more expensive, chipset.

If you can play at variable 40-50 FPS in handheld mode without screen-tearing and you still have mid-range hybrid performance in docked mode, is probably a better user-experience in the end than if Nintendo blew their budget on an expensive, but not that much better chipset but left the handheld experience lacking by skimping on the screen, memory capacity/bandwidth, cooling, and sound system. Build quality matters a lot more for hybrids than home consoles. 

Last edited by sc94597 - on 12 May 2024

Norion said:
zeldaring said:

Exactly, it would've been top end so would be a bad business move since the increased price and poor battery life would reduce sales. Also the Steam Deck was 2022, not 2020.

It depends who you look at it, if they wanted a big piece of sony market share they should have released switch 2 in late 2023, or march 2024 the latest, they would have gotten a massive amount  of third party support. now it feels just too late for it to my make a dent and i also feel like the hardware is just too dated to run thirdparty games easily in 2 years  or so after release, then ps6, steam 2 will all be around the corner.

zeldaring said:

It depends who you look at it, if they wanted a big piece of sony market share they should have released switch 2 in late 2023, or march 2024 the latest, they would have gotten a massive amount  of third party support. now it feels just too late for it to my make a dent and i also feel like the hardware is just too dated to run thirdparty games easily in 2 years  or so after release, then ps6, steam 2 will all be around the corner.

The Switch 2 will be able to get third party support as long as the Series S is a relevant platform that developers must include when releasing titles. Whether or not it does get that third party support depends more on Nintendo's relationship with third parties than hardware limitations. To an extent this has always been true, as we saw more support for the original Switch as Nintendo became moderately more third-party friendly than it was in the past. 

sc94597 said:
zeldaring said:

The Switch 2 will be able to get third party support as long as the Series S is a relevant platform that developers must include when releasing titles. Whether or not it does get that third party support depends more on Nintendo's relationship with third parties than hardware limitations. To an extent this has always been true, as we saw more support for the original Switch as Nintendo became moderately more third-party friendly than it was in the past. 

switch would be getting every third party game if it wasn't for hardware limitations. the days of being exclusive is over and every game comes to every platform it just really depends if the developer thinks it will be worth it to port  a really comprised port.  

Leynos said:

Switch Pro was confirmed by my uncle at Nintendo It was could to be the TNNSHATR239. The New Nintendo Switch Hyper Alpha Turbo Remix. It had a 14-inch screen, 64Tflops 128GB of Ram. 16CPU cores. 8 Hyper thread cores. A new 4K F-Zero.  ELite controllers. 200GB carts. Voice chat functionality. A cup holder. Parkour ability. A Fleshlight and 9-inch dildo modeled after Miyamoto's dong. But it wasn't impressive enough for Zeldaring on VGchartz so it was cancelled.

Only 64 tflops?  Glad it was canned.  My 4090 is a bit over 100.  250 tflops or bust.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED