By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 15, 2024 (Apr 08 - Apr 14)

curl-6 said:
pavel1995 said:

interesting tears on the kingdom is less then 90k then botw

Lifetime, it's about 300k between them, which makes sense as BOTW has been selling for 7 years versus 10 months for TOTK, and the fact that a lot of casuals will have had their fill with BOTW and not feel compelled to invest another 50-100 hours in revisiting the world.

I'm more surprised about the retention rate of the game being so high a lot of people came back for a second serving 

Around the Network
pavel1995 said:
curl-6 said:

Lifetime, it's about 300k between them, which makes sense as BOTW has been selling for 7 years versus 10 months for TOTK, and the fact that a lot of casuals will have had their fill with BOTW and not feel compelled to invest another 50-100 hours in revisiting the world.

I'm more surprised about the retention rate of the game being so high a lot of people came back for a second serving 

Thats what happens when you make a game so fun, adventurous, and enjoyable. And then you do it again 7 years later!
Great work Nintendo.

Can't wait to see what 3D Mario brings us in 2025.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

At this rate, 40 million isn’t out of the question.

Looks like Princess Peach will struggle to reach 200k physical, even with a huge installbase. IF it reaches.

Guess making an average game and putting a Super Mario character as the protagonist won't work every time.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Looks like Princess Peach will struggle to reach 200k physical, even with a huge installbase. IF it reaches.

Guess making an average game and putting a Super Mario character as the protagonist won't work every time.

I doubt it, let’s compare it to their last game.

Yoshi’s Crafted World

FW-50k

4 weeks-100k

LTD-223k

Princess Peach Showtime

FW-77k

4 weeks-135k

LTD-???

Releasing later in the console lifecycle, I don’t know if it will have quite as good legs but it should have a little bump for Golden Week and continue to sell a few thousand each week throughout the year with another bump during it’s first Christmas & Nee Years shopping season.

I think it could hit 300k retail and digital is likely higher now than it was in 2019.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
pavel1995 said:
curl-6 said:

Ah, I see what you mean.

Yes, it's impressive they've managed to capture the majority of BOTW players in a relatively short time, which as shtinamin says, speaks to how compelling the core gameplay is.

I sunk like 100 hours into BOTW, but even with the mostly familiar world I've had a blast rediscovering it in TOTK.