By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 15, 2024 (Apr 08 - Apr 14)

This sudden surge in April for the Switch is interesting. I wonder if it can somewhat keep it or if it will go down in the next few weeks/months.

Around the Network

From what I hear, Japanese retailer Geo has had a deal going where you can get a Switch OLED and other items discounted when bought together. This would explain the boost in Switch sales along with games like It Takes Two. The deal ends this week so sales may be close to the same again next week too.

Last edited by kenjab - on 18 April 2024

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Ashadelo said:

At this rate Nintendo could just wait until 2026

Worldwide we have a different picture, though.

Around the Network

Theres really no competition. Should do another 7-8 million in Japan.

Chrkeller said:

I love MK but I do not understand how it is still selling.

Hardware sales are 71,000. Most of those are probably new users. They're going to want a game to play with their new game system. Doesn't seem unlikely that somewhere around 1/5 of them would choose Mario Kart as that game.

UnderwaterFunktown said:

I've said it before but 35m is definitely the floor for the Switch by now. Less than 2.5m to go.

35M is a good floor. Personally, I think Switch will end up selling 38.08M in Japan.
5.43M to go. I can see that being reached in a minimum of 3 years. This year will end with Japan selling more than 3M, and the 2.43M will be met in the 2 years after the successor releases.

35M is very achievable. 38.08M could become a challenge depending on Nintendo.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

PS5 really seems to have run out of steam in Japan.
FF7, Rise of the Ronin, and Dragon's Dogma 2 all in quick succession did little to spark interest.

Shtinamin_ said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

I've said it before but 35m is definitely the floor for the Switch by now. Less than 2.5m to go.

35M is a good floor. Personally, I think Switch will end up selling 38.08M in Japan.
5.43M to go. I can see that being reached in a minimum of 3 years. This year will end with Japan selling more than 3M, and the 2.43M will be met in the 2 years after the successor releases.

35M is very achievable. 38.08M could become a challenge depending on Nintendo.

That’s oddly specific

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.