By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Happy 7th Birthday to the Switch

Got mine in late 2017 and it has become one of my most active consoles. Which for a PC gamer like me means I always come back to it to play some more despite gaming much more often on the PC.

Around the Network

It's funny to think back to my thoughts and predictions back in 2016 when the Switch got it's full reveal in October.
It wasn't what I wanted because I believed a cocktail of lies and false rumors that deceived me and it got me upset.

Honestly, owning it during the first year and playing some incredible games like BOTW, Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 felt incredible for an handheld experience.
Though I wasn't convinced of the "best Nintendo console" title before we got to last year.

From a pure game standpoint, it almost feel like we got two generations of 1st party Nintendo software crammed into one. Pure ecstasy !

Hopefully that Switch 2 has BC so I don't regret putting my OG into retirement at some point. That first model Switch is running well but getting a bit old. Nonetheless,y memories with it are plentiful ^^

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

My first daughter was due the day Switch came out. She was a day late. But holy smokes, I cannot believe it has been 7 years. Just gifted her a Switch Lite for her birthday, with Let's Go Evee (she is obsessed with Pokemon now).
Switch definitely has become my favourite console of all time and it is absolutely nuts that it may actually become the greatest selling console of all time!

1doesnotsimply

Happy Birthday Switch. The first seven years of this system have been great, and the ride isn't over yet. I actually plan to do a lot of collecting for the Switch once everyone has moved on to the next Nintendo system and game prices have dropped for Switch games. So far there have been a lot more games released than I can collect right now. There were several years where I focused more on Limited Run games that the big name stuff, because I needed to get those Limited Run titles while I could. I think I have 40-50 games right now, but I do plan to significantly increase my Switch library in the next few years.