By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft should make ODST Battle Royale

Tagged games:

This is coming from a Halo fan from Halo CE to Infinite. Iv played them all.

After the success of Helldivars 2, its clear that these type of MP games are still going strong.

MS literally own the best Drop Trooper IP in the industry and for years we still havnt seen them utilise them since Halo 3 ODST.

343 need to stop listening to the old Bungie fans and start following their own destiny (Pun Intended)

Halo is one of gamings biggest IPs. You can literally make any type of game with Halo, like we seen with the Halo Wars and Spartan Assault series. 

The industry is calling for a ODST BR game, not sure why its not considered. Maybe Activision can influence them in making one after the huge success of CoD Warzone.

Imagine a BR game with full customisable ODST/Spartans dropping from Pelicans into futuristic city's and Alien worlds. They literally have the next Apex Legends sitting right there. 

Hope Phil can get a studio onboard with it. I would be totally down for it.

Around the Network

Rumor going around that 343 or some other studio pitched an ODST game in the style of Helldivers 2 awhile back but was shot down. Clearly this was a mistake and MS/343 learn from this. I would love to see some more spinoff games because the lore in Halo is some of the best out there. Hopefully with the new leadership, we get some more spinoffs. I'm not trying to wait every 4-6 years for 1 Halo game.

This is exactly my issue with Microsoft (and Sony) buying all those third-party publishers.

Are they going to produce gold? Are they going to churn sequels? Will they have the autonomy to try new things?

The point of having independent software companies is that they try different things. My guess is now Microsoft has bought them, and for so much money, it'll be very conservative, low-financial-risk, generic sequels.

343/Microsoft needs to do a valve move and bring some modders in-studio and release some quality halo content like this for once!

BiON!@ 

Apparently 343 pitched a game like helldivers 2, to the xbox top, and it was shot down.
imagine if all of halo infinate's resources were instead put into makeing a massive halo version of helldivers 2.
It coulda been nuts.

Around the Network

They will definitely give it go now that they have seen the massive success of Sony's Helldivers 2.

JRPGfan said:

Apparently 343 pitched a game like helldivers 2, to the xbox top, and it was shot down.
imagine if all of halo infinate's resources were instead put into makeing a massive halo version of helldivers 2.
It coulda been nuts.

They might still do that. They also shot down Halo Battle Royal. 

Why do what Fortnite is currently king at (and always will be king, just like how Minecraft is king of what it excels at doing), and instead just try something others aren't doing, or not doing a great job with?.

Like if anything, actually make your own Helldrivers, but with ODST, instead of Spartans (there's a reason why people liked ODST, it's not because it had the Halo name slapped onto it). But even then, I'd just want MS to do something new, instead of yet another corpo playing it typically safe and copying that's on the market right now, trying to become king at something it will never claim as their own.

Like why not a Halo iso ARPG?, that genre doesn't really have a king, not even Diablo 4 is considered all that great, and the throne still remains vacant on that front. Hell, they could take a note from their AoE RTS side and actually make a full on RTS, not what was had with Halo Wars 1-2, which still feels like "baby's first RTS" vibe.

Just anything but stereotypical, super safe played, Battle Royale (seriously there are other userbases out there that want to play games that aren't pure PVP only BR themed, just look outside the window for more than 5 seconds, I mean there's a reason why Helldivers 2 is doing rounds and that's co-op based).

Last edited by Chazore - on 04 March 2024

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

Why do what Fortnite is currently king at (and always will be king, just like how Minecraft is king of what it excels at doing), and instead just try something others aren't doing, or not doing a great job with?.

Like if anything, actually make your own Helldrivers, but with ODST, instead of Spartans (there's a reason why people liked ODST, it's not because it had the Halo name slapped onto it). But even then, I'd just want MS to do something new, instead of yet another corpo playing it typically safe and copying that's on the market right now, trying to become king at something it will never claim as their own.

Like why not a Halo iso ARPG?, that genre doesn't really have a king, not even Diablo 4 is considered all that great, and the throne still remains vacant on that front. Hell, they could take a note from their AoE RTS side and actually make a full on RTS, not what was had with Halo Wars 1-2, which still feels like "baby's first RTS" vibe.

Just anything but stereotypical, super safe played, Battle Royale (seriously there are other userbases out there that want to play games that aren't pure PVP only BR themed, just look outside the window for more than 5 seconds, I mean there's a reason why Helldivers 2 is doing rounds and that's co-op based).

They own blizzard now.... why deminish what little aclaim Diablo has left. Also I disagree when it comes to hack-n-slash a-rpgs, things like Path of Exile, Last Epoc, Grim Dawn.... are pretty darn good (better than diablo is currently imo). I'm a big fan of PoE, and once PoE2 comes out... its done. Theres no way diablo in its current form is ever drawing me back in (and I used to be a HUGE diablo fan).

JRPGfan said:
Chazore said:

They own blizzard now.... why deminish what little aclaim Diablo has left. Also I disagree when it comes to hack-n-slash a-rpgs, things like Path of Exile, Last Epoc, Grim Dawn.... are pretty darn good (better than diablo is currently imo). I'm a big fan of PoE, and once PoE2 comes out... its done. Theres no way diablo in its current form is ever drawing me back in (and I used to be a HUGE diablo fan).

They did this already with Gears tactics, taking on XCOM with their own brand, and they did a Halo RTS before, so it's not out of the realms of possibility for them to experiment again with one of their IP's into a different genre.

D4 exists yes, but it's not what everyone is currently clamouring for, especially when you go by it's reception. I myself have stayed fully clear of D4 since immortal reared it's ugly head, and I've no interest in Moon studios souls-like iso ARPG, so that leaves me with just V Rising to hit 1.0 and leave early access (I've zero interest in Ark due to it's online nature like D3/4 and none in PoE).

Grim Dawn is possibly the best I've played in years, though I am liking what V Rising has been doing, especially with it combining Iso ARPG with open world survival crafting, while being a vampire that has to avoid both sunlight, AI villages and bosses, as well as other players (if you choose to participate on an online PVP server). 

I just see the BR genre as done and dusted, the victors have been named, and they are Fortnite, Apex, Pubg, and Warzone, anyone else trying to compete in that ring is going to lose, unless they reinvent what little there was to begin with in BR. MS needs to stop trend chasing for safe mediocre bets and actually aim at the neglected to bolster a uaserbase that isn't being fed (like seriously, look how good souls fans are eating compared to me, who is still waiting for a game like Kingdom's of Amalur/Skyrim, it's been a decade and still nothing good if not on a banquet level, and the same goes for RTS). 

Last edited by Chazore - on 04 March 2024

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"